September 25 - October 4, 2002

Ted Szymanski first asked me about the possibility of going back to Medjugorje sometime back in June. He said his friend Don Gxxx who he first met in Medjugorje back in 1995 was going and would love to have us come along. I naturally wanted to go but did not even consider the possibility of going without S.C.C. and C.R.C.. I have often thought that I would like to return to Medjugorje at some point it my life, but the possibility of it being so soon, only 13 months since our first visit was out of the question. I told Ted that I would not be going. Ted was disappointed but said he was going anyway. I did not give any more thought to this at all.

On Thursday July 25th I received an e-mail from Ted and again he mentioned the possibility of me joining them on the trip to Medjugorje. The time on the e-mail was 5:33. I still did not consider the possibility of going. A few days later on July 29th during mass at "Parish Church" I was suddenly filled with a real desire to go, without thinking about it I looked at my watch and it said XX:XX:13. Later that evening I mentioned to S.C.C. for the first time that Ted and Don were going and they wanted me to go with them. S.C.C. said she would not mind if I went. A couple of days later on July 31st while at work I had another sudden urge to go. I picked up the phone and called a phone number that Ted had given me for Fiat Medjugorje Tours just to check and see if there were any more available spaces. I was told that there were a few spaces still available. When I hung up the phone the time was 3:33 P.M..

When I got home I confirmed that S.C.C. and C.R.C. had no objections to me going. Later that evening S.C.C. and I were driving to the T_____ ’s house for the Rooted in Faith Forward in Hope dinner and S.C.C. said “I think you should go to Medjugorje, you will be able to help Ted since he is 83 years old”. Just as S.C.C. said that the odometer switched to 33. While we were eating dinner we talked about the trip and during this extended conversation I looked at my watch several times and each time I glanced it would say XX:XX:13 or XX:XX:33 every time. I mean EVERY TIME. When we got home I double checked with S.C.C. and she said “I want you to go”. I drove to the post office to mail off my payment and arrived there at 10:33. I had plenty of vacation time from work and knew there would not be any problem getting the time off. The official vacation approval came via company e-mail on August 2 at 08:47:13.

I did not give Medjugorje much thought from this point on until the night of Thursday September 5th. During the night I awoke very suddenly feeling the urgent need to pray to Mary, I looked at the clock and the time was 1:13 am. I got up to get something to drink and went back to bed. Sometime later in the night I had a very bad dream where I was standing on a beach. There was a jumbo jet in the sky that was out of control. I was watching this plane try to regain control, it would dive then gain altitude then dive again as if there was a struggle onboard for control of the plane. Then the plane crashed at the waters edge and the only thing you could see was the tail section sticking out of the sand.

Later in the day while I was at work I was thinking about this dream and the thought crossed my that this was the work of satan trying to scare me into not going to Medjugorje, a split second later I felt that God was asking me to place my trust in Him but that I could back out if I wanted. When this very sudden and vivid thought crossed my mind I looked at my watch and the time was 9:33 am. At this same moment I placed all my trust in God and told Him in prayer that I would be on the plane and was willing to take a risk for Him.

When I requested my vacation time from work to go to Medjugorje I added a few days because I wanted to keep the promise I made to God about going to Emmitsburg on September 23rd of each year because this is the 4th anniversary of the picture I took at the Fatima statue with the side profile of Christ in the sun. Last year I got rained on under a perfectly clear blue sky when I went after almost failing to keep my promise. I was not going to take any chance of failing this year. I drove C.R.C. to school in Warrenton and attended mass at St. John’s. I left from there to go to Emmitsburg. When I got almost to Leesburg I though about asking Ted to go with me. Instantly as that thought ran through my mind the CD player switched to 13. I called Ted but there was no answer and I thought about just going on. I looked at my watch to see what time it was and it said XX:XX:13. I decided to drive to Ted’s house, when I got there nobody was home but I thought I would wait for a little while to see if he showed up. I know Ted goes to mass and runs short errands in the morning. I sat in front of Ted’s house waiting and he came pulling up at exactly 10:13 am. We drove to Emmitsburg and arrived at the Grotto entrance and the odometer was 3.3. We drove to Saint Joseph’s and I looked at my watch as we entered the front door. The time was 12:13:13. I prayed the rosary and upon completion I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13. Ted and I walked out of the church and Raymond Sanders was weed-eating around the tombstones and we talked to him for a while. Raymond asked me to bring him a rosary from Medjugorje, which I did. Ted and I then drove to Fairfield to see Sister Genevieve but we stopped at St. Mary’s first. When we walked in the church I glanced at my watch and the time was XX:XX:13.

I went to the tabernacle and prayed mostly about our trip to Medjugorje to Jesus and Mary because where Jesus is, Mary is there too. When I finished my prayers I looked at my watch and the time was 1:13 PM. Ted and I then drove to Sister Genevieve’s and she said that she had tried to call me at home to ask if I would stop at the Jubilee supermarket and pick up some pineapple popsicles but that I had already left. I had told Sister Genevieve the night before on the phone that I would be coming. After we had talked for a few minutes I told her that she and Ted could continue talking and I would drive back to Emmitsburg and get the popsicles for her. As I was driving through Emmitsburg I had a sudden and urgent desire to go back to St. Joseph’s for a few minutes. I arrived there and genuflected to get in the pew at 2:13:33. I prayed another rosary for Mary’s intentions and our trip to Medjugorje on Wednesday. While I was praying the rosary I remembered seeing a person in Medjugorje a year ago when we were there climbing the rocky Apparition Hill bare footed. Suddenly I felt like I should do this. The thought of it made me shiver and I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13. I told Jesus and Mary that I would climb bare footed. When I finished the rosary the time was 2:33:13 and I walked out of the church at 2:34:13. I then drove to the Jubilee to get the popsicles and when I returned to Sister Genevieve’s the odometer was 13.

Ted and I left Sister Genevieve’s and drove back to St. Joseph’s for Monday afternoon Adoration. We ran into Phil C and talked with him for a few minutes on the front steps. When we left there we drove to the Grotto and arrived there at 5:33. We arrived at the water and when I took a drink I just happened to notice my watch said XX:XX:33. When Ted and I arrived at the Fatima statue where I took the picture 4 years ago this day we started the Glorious mysteries and the time was XX:XX:13. When we left the Grotto I drove Ted home and dropped him off at XX:XX:33. I then drove home and pulled in my driveway at 9:13:33.

It’s now Wednesday September 25 and when I got up this morning I was thinking about our flight that takes off at 6pm this evening. I put on my watch and the time was 7:33. I went to mass at "Parish Church" and asked Fr. ___ if it would be all right for me to take the Eucharist to Bob G, Mrs. Carta and Mrs. Coraddi because I was leaving for Medjugorje and would be unable to do it on Sunday. Fr. ___ said that would be OK. I then felt urged to look at my watch and the time was XX:XX:13. I drove to Our Father’s House to give the Eucharist to Mrs. Carta and Mrs. C and arrived there at 9:33. I then drove to Bob G’s house and gave him the Eucharist. When I left his house and got in my truck the time was 10:33 and the CD player display flashed 13.

I drove back to Warrenton to pick up C.R.C. because school let out at 11:30. I drove him home and we ate lunch before I left. As I was leaving, C.R.C. was worried about the possibility of hijackers and I could tell he was very concerned and he said to me “COME BACK” in fearful tone of voice. It made me think of the dream I had on September 5 about the plane. I told S.C.C. and C.R.C. that I would call as soon as I got to Medjugorje. I pulled out of the drive way and the odometer was 33.

I stopped at St. John’s in Warrenton on the way and prayed the rosary. I arrived at Ted’s house at 3:30 and nobody was there. I called S.C.C. to see if Ted called and S.C.C. said he called 3 times because I was late he would meet me at the airport. I arrived at Dulles and the parking garage ticket had my arrival time as 4:13. I met up with Ted there and Don G who flew in from Michigan. We boarded the plane at 5:33 PM and the plane took off and the wheels left the ground at 6:13 PM. We landed in Vienna and switched planes and flew to Sarajavo and landed there at 4:33 PM. We then took a bus for a 3 hour ride to Medjugorje and arrived there at 7:33 PM. I took a taxi to the post office and called home to tell S.C.C. and C.R.C. that we arrived safely. After I hung up I looked at my watch and the time was 9:13. I was very tired at this point but walked to St. James with a girl name Carrie who rode with me to the post office because she wanted to call her family to tell them that she arrived safely too. After we made our calls we walked to St. James and prayed our first rosary. We rode back to Ivan Dragicevic’s

house who is one of the 6 visionaries in Medjugorje and got a good nights sleep We stayed in his house the entire time we were there.

The next morning, September 27th after breakfast we debated if we should take a taxi or make the 20 minute walk to St. James for mass. We all walked and departed from the house at 9:13. We arrived at St. James and had to wait for the German mass to let out before going in for the 10 am English mass. During mass I realized that it was the feast day of Saint Vincent Depaul. During mass I asked for his intercession in helping in Emmitsburg since it is the order that he founded who administers St. Joseph’s. It was during mass that I remembered that I told Jesus and Mary back in Emmitsburg on the 23rd that I would climb Apparition Hill bare footed. Later in the day Ted, Don and myself left for Apparition Hill to make the climb. Don said “Robert you don’t have any shoes on”. I told them that I was not going to wear shoes. Don said you better take them just in case. I told Don that the shoes were staying in the room. As we walked out the door to climb Apparition Hill I looked at my watch and the time was 1:13:33. I made the climb bare footed and did not encounter any serious problems at all. I did not get even as much as a scratch however the next day there were a few small bruises. The pain was far less than I expected and I saw several other people who were doing the same thing. Coming down the hill is harder than going up. We got back to the house and changed clothes and took a taxi to St. James for the 5pm rosary and 5:40 apparition. We were running a little late and the taxi dropped us off in front of St. James at 5:13. We got a seat in the church but it did not take long before it was standing room only. After a few more minutes no more people could fit in the church and people had to stand outside. The rosary stopped and the priest announced Mary’s presence and requested silence. I glanced at my watch at this time and it said 5:39:33. After the apparition the rosary continues followed by the 6 PM Pilgrim Mass. They read the Gospel in 15 different languages but the mass is said in Croatian.

During the mass I looked over at the statue of Mary on the right side of the church and there was a luminous cross behind Mary. There was also a metal halo with 12 stars around Her head, very suddenly the metal halo disappeared and then the luminous cross that was behind Her transformed itself into a luminous halo around Mary’s head. It was very distinct and composed of the same kind of light that formed the halo around Mary and Joseph in St. Mary’s church in Fairfield on December 8, 2001 and around Mary and the Child Jesus in "Parish Church" on September 8, 2002. It was the same.

After mass we ate at the Titanic and then took Ted back to the house. Don and I climbed Apparition Hill later that night in the dark with no lights (as is the custom) and when we took the last step off the hill I looked at my watch and the time was 11:33. We went to a small restaurant that was down the street and talked for a while. When we returned to the house we went to bed. I looked at my watch and the time was 1:13.

The next morning, Saturday September 28 we got up a little late but made it to the 10am English mass on time. We roamed around Medjugorje and did a little shopping. After a while Ted said he was tired and wanted to go back to the house and rest. We took Ted back to the house and Don and I roamed around Medjugorje some more. Time slipped past us and soon it was time to go back to St. James for the 5pm rosary and apparition. Don said “lets just go straight to church, Ted will come with someone else” and we kept on walking. I did not feel right about this because I knew Ted would be expecting us back in time for church. I told Don to keep walking and that I would go back to the house and get Ted. Don then said “I’ll walk back with you.” We returned to the house and Ted was ready to go to St. James. We all started walking together and I looked at my watch and the time was 4:33. We arrived at St. James just a few minutes before the rosary started and managed to get inside the church. At the very instant that the priest requested silence because the apparition had started I glanced at my watch and the time was 5:40:33. We stayed for the Pilgrim mass and then adoration which ended at 10pm. We then ate dinner at the Titanic Restaurant. After dinner Don and I took Ted back to the house and while we were walking back we decided to climb Apparition Hill again. As we were leaving the house to go to Apparition Hill I looked at my watch and the time was 11:13. We made the climb and when we got to the statue of Mary we prayed the rosary. We hiked down the hill and when we returned to the house I looked at my watch and the time was 12:33. None of this is timed it just happens this way.

We got up the next morning Sunday September 29th and went to the English mass at 12 noon. After mass we visited the grave of Father Slavko Barbaric. We did not do to much the rest of the day until time to go back to St. James for the 5pm rosary and apparition. Ted and Don left after the rosary but I stayed for the 6pm Pilgrim mass which is said in Croatian. During the homily I just prayed in my own words because I could not understand the language. In prayer I thanked Jesus and Mary for everything and I closed my eyes. At the very instant that I closed my eyes I suddenly saw an image of Our Lady Of Medjugorje enclosed in and oval frame and it was tumbling end over end towards me. When it reached about the half way point towards me it suddenly changed to an image of Jesus and continued to tumble towards me until it was so close that I could no longer see it. It seem to pass through me. When I opened my eyes the first thing I saw was my watch and it said XX:XX:13. After mass the rosary continued with the glorious mysteries. When that was over I met Ted and Don at the Titanic Restaurant. After we ate we walked back to the house and about half way it started to rain. Just about the time we got back to the house the rain stopped and Don and I decided to climb Apparition Hill again. Ted suggested that we not go because it might start raining again. Don and I started walking towards Apparition Hill and we were almost to the foot of the hill when it started to rain again and this time it was raining harder. The thought ran through my mind that Ted was right and that we should not climb tonight because of the rain and the rocks were going to be slick. Suddenly and at that very instant as that thought ran through my mind I started smelling roses and I instantly knew that we should trust and make the climb. I told Don that I smelled roses. Don did not smell them. A few seconds later we arrived at the foot of Apparition Hill and started the climb. I looked at my watch and the time was 10:33. The rocks were slick but we never slipped or fell. As we were nearing the top of the hill and just as we were approaching the statue of Mary there was a sudden explosion of blue light about 100 feet in front of us at the statue of Mary. Don was about 10 or 15 feet in front of me and yelled back “Woah !! Did you see that ?” I said “Yes I did !” We picked up the pace and made our way to the statue. When we got there and started talking about what had just happened we realized that we had not seen the same thing. What I saw was a brilliant ball of blue light that flashed at the statue of Mary. It was the brightest light I have ever seen but it did not light anything up. Everything around it remained dark. It did not cast any light on anything. Don then told me what he saw and that was that the entire sky lit up and became as bright as day. Don did not see the ball of blue light like I did which was the source. Don saw the effects of the light. There was no sound. Don and I then prayed the rosary for Mary’s intentions and as we did it started to rain harder. When we finished our prayers we hiked down the hill and the rocks were as slick as ice, we never slipped. When we got back to the house Don went to bed and I stayed outside a little longer and sat on the porch talking to Joe Lipre and I told him a little bit about Emmitsburg. When we finished talking and walked back in the house I looked at my watch and the time was 1:33 am.

We got up the next morning Monday September 30 and attended the 10 am English mass. After mass Michael Brown spoke at the outdoor arena behind St. James. Michael Brown has written several books about Medjugorje. While he was talking a woman started screaming near the rear entrance of St. James. People were trying to calm her but it was useless. At times the screams almost sounded non human. I had never heard anything like this in my life and I hope I never do again.

Later that afternoon we were scheduled to hear Mirjana Dragicevic who is one of the visionaries speak to our group at 3 PM. She talked and answered questions. Her talk ended at exactly 4:13. Mirjana’s daily apparitions ended in 1982 but she sees and speaks to Mary on the 2nd of almost every month and every year on her birthday which is March 18th. We are scheduled to attend her monthly apparition on Oct. 2. We then went to St. James for the rosary and daily apparition. We arrived late and did not get to the church until almost 5:30. After mass several in our group Joe, Carrie and Barbara joined us for dinner at the Titanic. After we ate we all walked back to the house. Don and I invited everyone to join us for our nightly hike up Apparition Hill. Don and I waited and when everyone was finally ready we started walking to Apparition Hill. I looked at my watch and the time was 10:33. We made it to the top and prayed for a little while then hiked back down. On the way down we took another route and visited the Blue Cross. When we returned to the house the time was 12:13.

We got up early the morning of October 1, the feast of St. Therese’ and took the bus to Tealina, which is Fr. Jozo’s old parish and Fr. Javier Virgen who came from Utah with our group said mass. When mass was over Michael Brown spoke to our group again in the church and talked about Saint Therese’. As he was speaking rose petals started falling from the vase full of roses that was directly under the statue of Our Lady of Medjugorje. After the rose petals finished falling a complete rose fell from the vase and landed next to him. Michael Brown’s talk ended at 11:33. We got back on the bus and rode back to Medjugorje and arrived back at St. James at exactly 12:33. Later in the day I went back to St. James for the 5 PM rosary and apparition. When the apparition took place I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13. I did not stay for the Pilgrim mass this night.

Later in the evening Don and I made our nightly hike up Apparition Hill and when we returned I sat on the porch and updated my daily journal. When I completed the journal I looked at my watch and the time was 12:13.

It is now Wednesday October 2 and I went to bed and never fell asleep. It was impossible because both Ted and Don were snoring violently. I took my mattress out in the hall and tried to sleep there. It did not do any good. I was laying there and I suddenly had a very uncomfortable feeling come over me. This sounds crazy but I am going to tell it anyway. There was a glass door at the bottom of the steps where I was trying to sleep and you could see outside. There was a tree with a electric light shining on it. The tree had large leaves that were swaying a little in the breeze. Suddenly the uncomfortable feeling that I was having became stronger and when I looked towards the glass door I saw an evil face looking at me from within the leaves. I know this sounds like some kind of childish imagination but I saw it and it was hideous. I finally gave up trying to sleep and took my shower. When I was getting dressed and put on my watch I had a very sudden feeling of peace. I looked and the time was 6:13.

Mirjana Dragicevic was scheduled to have her monthly Apparition of Mary this morning during the rosary and the entire town of Medjugorje and surrounding villages were pouring into town. People were coming from everywhere. The apparition was scheduled to take place at the Oasis of Peace which was about a quarter mile from our house. I walked with Ted and helped him along. There was a river of people, there were thousands. We arrived and were admitted through the gate of the Oasis of Peace. I looked at my watch and the time was 7:33. We continued going with the flow of people and we arrived at a large tent. There was no possibility of getting a seat in the tent because it was already completely filled. We finally found a place to stand near the side of the tent and I told Ted that we might as well stay here. Ted agreed. I looked around and knew that there was no possibility of even moving because we became wedged in a elbow to elbow crowd. We could not have moved if we wanted to. There were so many people that I thought that we would not even see Mirjana. The rosary was scheduled to begin at 9 am and it started right on time. A few minutes later a lot of priest came walking into the tent and Mirjana was with them. I was stunned when they stopped and Mirjana was no more that 15 or 20 feet in front of us. I thought we would never see anything. It ended up that we had the best seat in the house. I was able to watch Mirjana and look directly into her eyes before, during and after the apparition. I took a picture of her while she was seeing Mary. I have witnessed this very thing in Emmitsburg and this was the same. There was no doubt in my mind. While Mirjana was seeing Mary I smelled the roses. This was the 2nd time during this trip to Medjugorje that I smelled the roses. Also during the apparition the sun became brighter and warmer as if it had just moved from behind clouds, but there were no clouds. The peace that accompanies such things as this is the same in Medjugorje or Emmitsburg. It does not matter where you are, it is the same.

When things were over it took more than an hour to get back to the house because of the huge numbers of people. Later in the day we were scheduled to visit Fr. Jozo’s new parish which is about 20 miles from Medjugorje. While we were waiting for the bus to pick us up in front of St. James church I walked in a store and bought a Benedictine crucifix. We then rode the bus to hear Fr. Jozo talk. People in Medjugorje believe that Fr. Jozo is a living saint and you can not help but believe this after being near him and hearing his talk. It seemed to be very special and I will never forget it. After Fr. Jozo finished talking (using a translator) he blessed everybody. I had the Benedictine crucifix and asked another priest to bless it for me. He did so and spent a lot of time doing it. I thanked him and placed the crucifix on the tomb of the 30 Franciscan priest who were executed in the same church on February 7, 1945 when the Communist took over. The priest were told by the Communist to remove their habit because God was dead and no longer existed or be killed. They all went to their death wearing their habit and kissing the crucifix. We then returned to Medjugorje and attended the 5 PM rosary and daily apparition and 6 PM Pilgrim mass. I still had not had any sleep and I was very tired, to the point of almost not being able to pray. I asked God to accept my tiredness as my prayer to Him. We then went out to eat at the Titanic and returned to the house.

Don did not want to climb Apparition Hill tonight but Joe Lipre said he would like to go. I considered not going but suddenly felt like I had enough energy to do it. I looked at my watch and the time was 10:33. Joe and I made the climb.

The next morning was Thursday October 3 and I remembered that it was the 4th anniversary of C.R.C.’s baptism and that made me feel very good. People were loading bags on the bus because we were leaving and spending the last night in Vienna. I very suddenly had the urge to pray the rosary so I sat on the porch and started the rosary. I looked at my watch because I heard someone say that the bus would be leaving shortly. The time was 9:13. I only finished the first 2 decades when I had to stop because the bus was leaving. The bus left and we stopped directly in front of St. James at 9:33 and sat there for about 20 minutes. I got off the bus to say goodbye to my friend Vlado who owns the Titanic Restaurant. The bus left to take us to Sarajavo and during the trip Lynn Hoffman who organized our trip read us the message from Mary that was given to Mirjana on Oct 2nd. Mirjana said that Mary was very sad and the message was “Dear Children, Pray, Pray, Pray for unbelievers”. When Lynn read this message I saw the digital clock in the front of the bus. It was 11:13. We arrived in Sarajavo and flew to Vienna, Austria. When I checked into my room I relaxed for a few minutes then I was going to go to the restroom when SUDDENLY I felt the urgent need to postpone the bathroom visit and finish the rosary that I had started but not finished at 9:13 this morning. I picked up with the rosary right where I had left off and started with the 3rd joyful mystery. I looked at my watch just as I started and the time was 6:13. When I finished the joyful mysteries I continued with the sorrowful. When I finished the sorrowful I thought about stopping and finishing the glorious mysteries later. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13. I instantly knew that I should continue and not stop. As I was praying I noticed the Benedictine crucifix that I bought in Medjugorje in my suitcase and I walked over and picked it up. I held the crucifix in my hand as I prayed the rosary. Just as I said the last prayer I kissed the crucifix and when I looked up the time was 7:13. I then sat down at the table in the room and completed my daily journal.When I finished writing I looked at my watch and it was 7:33.

About 10 or 15 minutes later I was looking at my room and thinking about how bleak and bare it was. There was a framed picture of flowers hanging on the wall. I removed the picture and hung the Benedictine crucifix in its place. I remember saying to myself “that looks better”. A few minutes later while I was sitting on the bed, I looked at the crucifix when suddenly a bluish, bright light started to surround the crucifix. It became so bright but not blinding that I could no longer see the crucifix at all, only the light. The light completely filled the entire area of where the picture had been hanging. I looked at this light and rubbed my eyes and it was still there. I still could not see the crucifix, only the light. After about a minute or so the light started to shrink in size, it never dimmed, until it was gone and then I could see the crucifix again. I prayed some more then walked down into the hotel lobby and listened to Andy Wong who was on our trip play the piano.

When I went back to the room I went to bed. Later during the night I had a dream that left me very sad even after I woke up. In the dream I suddenly found myself in St. Joseph’s church in Emmitsburg. I was watching Gianna Sullivan have an apparition of Mary. Gianna’s face was radiant and joyful just like we are accustomed to seeing her on Thursday nights. Very suddenly Gianna’s expression changed to sudden sadness and a look of disbelief. It was very evident to me that Mary had just told her something that she did not want to hear. Gianna started crying to the point of uncontrollable sobs. When the apparition was over Gianna went running out of the church still sobbing. In the next scene of the dream I am sitting on the curb along the street in front of St. Joseph’s when a woman walks up to me and ask “What do you think that was all about ?” I said “I don’t know” and then I woke up.

When I woke up I tried to block out the dream and not think about it but that was impossible because this dream had that unique texture and vividness that sets it apart from regular dreams. I have had these extremely vivid dreams before. I still did not want to think about it. We ate breakfast then departed for the airport. About 1 or 2 hours into the flight Don Gxxx came walking back to where Ted and I were sitting and said “I’ve got bad news, Cardinal Keeler has rejected Gianna Sullivan”. Don said that Michael Brown had just received the news and told him. Instantly my mind went straight to the dream I had during the night. At this point the dream that I did not even want to think about suddenly became a cushion that gave me something to soften this soul crushing news. I knew without a doubt that God had allowed this dream because He knew I was going to need it. I then called Sister Genevieve on the cell phone that was built into the seat and she confirmed it. She sounded bad, she was crushed as well.

When the plane landed at Dulles we had to go through customs. I was walking along when suddenly the thought ran through my mind and I said in prayer “Mary I am going to need your help dealing with this when suddenly, right there in the airport I started smelling roses again. This was the 3rd time on the trip I smelled the roses.

Ted’s son in law was there to pick him up. I drove to Emmitsburg and went to St. Mary’s as I do every Friday night. The rosary was in progress when I arrived. I talked to Fr. Messaro and told him about the dream. He was a lot of support for me and I have shared with him everything that has happened to me in regards to Emmitsburg in the past. When we finished talking Fr. Messaro said you must be really tired having just arrived back from Medjugorje. He suggested that I stay the night and not drive back. I told him that I would be all right and I looked at my watch and the time was 8:33. I then made the two hour drive home and went to bed.

The next day I woke up early and drove to "Parish Church" for mass. I arrived a little early and prayed the rosary. Just as I started the rosary I looked at my watch and the time was 8:13. After mass I was walking back to my truck when very suddenly I felt like I needed to tell Fr. ___ about the Emmitsburg results. I looked at my watch and the time was 9:13. I went in the rectory and talked to Fr. ___ and told him about it. When we finished talking I got in my truck to go home and was not at all surprised to see the time was 9:33.

I have all the respect in the world for Cardinal Keeler and the priest who came to this conclusion. I am sure they believe they are acting in the best interest of everyone involved but at the same time I also know what I know. I know that what I have experienced is very real. I know that I did not imagine, stretch or distort any of the things that I have reported, in fact if anything I understated them. I know that Medjugorje and Emmitsburg are of the same source because God treats me the same way in both places.

Shortly after midnight on June 8, 2002 I was in St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Emmitsburg, Maryland and I saw The Face of Jesus Christ and that will give me all the strength that I will ever possibly need to accept Cardinal Keelers decision and at the same time KNOW that God will fix this when His time is right.

R_____ C___