Miraculous Medal Novena

April 7, 2003

As I pulled out of the drive way this morning to go to mass I remembered that Ted and I would be going to the Miraculous Medal novena at St. Joseph’s tonight. At the very instant I remembered this I noticed the odometer was 1.3 After mass I went to work and when I took my lunch break I rode in town to get a haircut at Polly’s. After the haircut I went to "Parish Church" to pray the rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. When I finished praying these prayers I looked at my watch as I kissed the crucifix in conclusion. The time was 12:33:13. I went back to work and while I was working I had a very sudden thought about going to the Miraculous Medal novena tonight at St. Joseph’s. It was strong enough that it caused me to look at my watch. The time was 2:33. The same thing happened at 3:13 and 4:33.

Before I left work I called the Methodist church where Barbara G thinks she was baptized and they are still unable to find a certificate. Barbara is not 100% sure she was ever baptized. The lady at the Methodist church said that they do not always find the records they search for. At this point I realized that Barbara would need to get baptized. I noticed my watch at that instant and it said XX:XX:13.

When I got off work I drove to Leesburg and picked up Ted. I drove Ted’s car from that point. When I got in I noticed the digital fuel gauge said 14 and about 5 seconds later it switched to 13 before we ever moved an inch. We drove to Emmitsburg and arrived at the entrance of the Grotto of Lourdes at 7:13. We continued to St. Joseph’s for the Miraculous Medal novena. Fr. Steve Trzecieski officiated. After the mass started a brilliant halo of light surrounded the entire statue of The Blessed Virgin Mary 3 different times. It is the kind of light that you can see but does not shine on anything. It is like an intense area of non glaring brightness.

When I returned to my pew after receiving Holy Communion the host was still on my tongue when I suddenly felt an intense feeling of peace. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13. When mass was over we ran into Tom Miller and Paul Scheurich. Tom stopped us on the way out and just wanted to talk for a little while. When we finished talking I glanced at my watch as we walked out the front door of St. Joseph’s and it said XX:XX:33. We were walking to the car when Dan and Rose Millbocker stopped us to say hello. After we finished talking to them we got in the car to go home. I started the car and the time on the dash was 8:13. I drove back to Leesburg where my truck was parked and arrived there and dropped Ted off at 9:13. I drove home and pulled in my driveway at 10:33.