May 17-18, 2003

A few days ago Bob G called me and asked if I would mind coming over within the next few days to fix his computer printer. He knocked if off the table that it was sitting on, the front cover came off and it would not print. I told Bob that I would come over after mass on Saturday night. Bob said that would be fine. Saturday came and I went to Fredricksburg to take care of some Civil War relic business with my friend Nicky. I arrived home at 5:33 just as S.C.C. and C.R.C. were pulling out of the driveway to go to church. I told them I would meet them there since I needed to go to Bob’s afterwards. David G  was serving that night and C.R.C. was asked to serve because someone did not show up.

During mass I started thinking about David wanting to become a priest. I knew it was time for me to talk to him again because he graduates in June. I had not talked to David or seen him very much over the past several months. I have been praying for David but that has been the extent of it. I did not want it to seem like I was putting pressure on him. It had been a good while since we last talked so I knew I would be able to tell if he still had a real desire to pursue the priesthood or if the desire had faded with time. After mass I asked David if I could stop by after I looked at Bob’s printer. David said he would be home and would like for me to stop by.

S.C.C., C.R.C. and myself went to eat at John’s Restaurant with my mother and sister, when we finished eating I drove over to Bob’s house and was able to fix the printer. I stayed for a little while talking to Bob and Barbara and then left to go visit David. When I got in my truck I was suddenly struck with that feeling of peace. I started the truck and the time on the dash was 9:33. I drove to David’s house and arrived just as he was getting ready for bed. I apologized for being so late. David and I sat out in my truck and talked for a good while. I asked David if he was still considering the priesthood. David said “Yes, I placed it on the back burner for a while and considered other things and what I realized is that being a priest is the only thing I have a passion for”. I told David that he would have my support no matter what he decided. He said “I know that”. When we finished talking I left and drove home. During the ride home I was thinking about the things David told me and it made me very happy to see he still has a sincere desire to become a priest. I pulled in my driveway at 11:13.

May 18, 2003

Early this morning I was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee when suddenly the thought of possibly going to the Grotto in Emmitsburg crossed my mind. It had that special feel to it so I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33. During the rest of the morning I did some things I needed to do around the house and when I finished everything I got ready to take the Eucharist to Bob G____ and Agnes Corradi. I glanced at my watch as I walked out the door and it said XX:XX:33.

I drove to "Parish Church" and picked up the 2 host and went to Bob’s house first. I sat and talked to Bob for a while. After we finished talking we said some prayers and I gave Bob the Eucharist. I did not try to notice the time or look at my watch but as I was giving Bob the Eucharist I saw the time and it was 1:33. When I left Bob’s house I started driving to Our Father’s House to give the Eucharist to Agnes C. when I suddenly remembered that I had a packet of information about the Catholic Church that I had prepared for a lady named Darlene P who is a nurse at Our Father’s House. I meant to bring it with me but I had left it at home. I turned around and went back to the house to get it. When I got there, there was a note from S.C.C. saying she and C.R.C. would be at her moms house the rest of the day. I picked up the packet for Darlene and pulled out of my driveway at 2:13. The desire to go to Emmitsburg was very strong at this point. I stopped at 7-11 to get gas and then drove to Our Father’s House to give the Eucharist to Agnes C. I arrived there at 2:33. After I gave Agnes the Eucharist I had an opportunity to sit down and talk to Darlene for a pretty good while. I gave her the packet of information about the Catholic Church and she said she would read it. I have also given her some material in the past. When we finished talking I said good by and looked at my watch as I walked out the door to go to Emmitsburg and the time was 3:13:33.

I drove to Emmitsburg and I really wanted to go to St. Joseph’s but I knew the doors would be locked at 5 PM and I would not make it in time so when I arrived in Emmitsburg I stopped at the Grotto first. I pulled in and parked and glanced at my watch. The time was 5:13:33. I walked through the Grotto and everything seemed so peaceful. I wish I knew how to describe this feeling. When I arrived at the statue of Our Lady of Fatima I decided that I would pray the rosary. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33. I prayed the rosary and when I finished the peaceful feeling hit me very hard again. I looked at my watch and the time was 6:13:33.

As I was leaving I was going to just ride by St. Joseph’s before going home and was delayed for a few minutes because I ran into Fr. Jack Lombardi and Larry McKenna. I talked to them for a few minutes and then rode over to St. Joseph’s. I arrived at St. Joseph’s and the clock on the dash said 6:33. I walked up to the front door and was very surprised to find it unlocked. I walked in the church and my watch said 6:33. I only saw 1 other person in the church. I entered the right side front pew and started to pray another rosary. A few minutes into the rosary I noticed that Fr. O’Brien was sitting against the wall next to the statue of Jesus. When he got up I thought I would have to leave because he was going to lock up the church, instead he started lighting candles and turning on the lights. I had no idea that anything would be going on in the church, I was expecting it to be locked when I got there.

A few minutes later people started coming in the church. At 7 PM they had adoration followed by the Glorious mysteries of the rosary and the Litany of The Blessed Virgin Mary. It ended with benediction. This was in honor of May being the month of Mary. When it was over and I was leaving the church I looked at my watch and the time was 7:33:13.

R_____ C___

May 29, 2003

11:13 Pm