July 27, 2003

18th Wedding Anniversary


I had already been to the 6PM mass last evening because I had been asked to be a substitute Eucharistic Minister for Bobby T. Earlier in the day I helped Bob G with a few things and he said he would like to attend mass with me. I drove over to Bobís house and helped him get in the handicap van. Just as we were pulling out to go to "Parish Church" the clock on the dash said 5:13 and the odometer was 13.

The next morning I attended mass again with S.C.C and C.R.C. because it was our 18th wedding anniversary. C.J. had spent the night with us as he does from time to time because he and C.R.C. have been best friends since being class mates at Epiphany. C.J. was scheduled to be one of the altar boys for the 11AM mass. We pulled out of the driveway to go to "Parish Church" and the time on the dash was 10:33.

After we arrived C.R.C. was also asked to serve because someone did not show up. David G was sitting in the pew behind us and it was at this time he informed me that his grade point average was below entry requirements at Franciscan University in Steubenville without special considerations. When mass was over S.C.C and I waited for C.R.C. and C.J. to finish their altar boy duties. I glanced at my watch as we walked out of the church and the time was 12:13.

C.R.C. then left with C.J. and his mother Mary Anne to spend the rest of the day at the pool in Remington. S.C.C and I then went out to eat lunch alone for our anniversary at the Golden Corral. When we finished eating we drove home and pulled in the driveway at 1:33. It was at this time I started getting the strong desire to ride to Emmitsburg but I resisted.

S.C.C and I talked for a little while and then I told her that I was going to take the Eucharist to Agnes C at Our Fatherís House. I was not paying any attention at all to the time but when I arrived at "Parish Church" to get the Eucharist the time was 2:13. I drove to Our Fatherís House and gave Agnes the Eucharist. I then drove back to "Parish Church" to return the pix and pray my daily rosary. I prayed the Glorious mysteries of the rosary and at the very instant I finished the rosary and kissed the crucifix I glanced at my watch and the time was 3:13:33.

I still had the desire to go to Emmitsburg but I again resisted and drove home. I laid down on the couch downstairs and fell asleep for about an hour and when I woke up I went outside and started cutting grass. Just before I finished cutting the front yard the mower ran out of gas. I was walking towards my garage to get more gas for the mower when suddenly I was struck with a extremely strong desire to stop everything I was doing and go to Emmitsburg. It was so strong I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33.

I got in my truck and started driving to Emmitsburg and had only gone as far as Rixeyville when traffic was stopped for what I assume was a traffic accident. I never saw what caused the delay because I just turned around and went the other way. I felt a desire to say a prayer for everyone involved and I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13. This delayed me by about 20 or 25 minutes.

I continued my trip to Emmitsburg via another route. My mind must have been wandering when I arrived at the intersection of Rts. 29 and 15 near Gainsville because I missed the turn and went about 3 or 4 miles out of the way and ended up in Gainsville. I had to turn around and go back. I still donít know how I missed that turn as many times as I have made this trip, but I did. When I finally arrived at St. Josephís the time on the dash was 10:33.

I had already prayed the Glorious Mysteries earlier in the day at "Parish Church" so I decided that I would complete the rosary by praying the 3 remaining mysteries while walking around the church and then go home. After I finished the Joyful, Sorrowful and Luminous mysteries I walked over to the corner of the church and kissed it as I was leaving. I glanced at my watch and the time was 11:13. I drove home and pulled in my driveway at 1:13.

R_____ C___

August 4, 2003

12:13 Am