August 17, 2003


August 17th is both a sad and happy day for me. It still makes me sad when I think of what C.R.C. must have been thinking as he was getting beat up by his baby sitter 11 years ago today. I also miss S.C.C.’s father very much who died 2 years ago today while we were in Medjugorje.

It makes me happy when I think back on the sequence of events with C.R.C. and how they gradually led up to a better relationship with God for everyone involved starting in Emmitsburg. It is also very comforting when I think back to the night S.C.C.’s father went to St. Joseph’s and was present when Our Lady appeared and the sequence of events in Medjugorje that was in perfect synchronization with his death.

I had been thinking about riding to Emmitsburg today after I finished doing all of the things I needed to do. I took the Eucharist to Bob G and Agnes C and when I finished I rode to Emmitsburg just to be alone and think about everything that has been taking place and to say thank you to God and His mother for everything.

I went to St. Joseph’s first and walked in the front door at 4:13. My intention was to pray the entire rosary but I knew I would not have enough time before they would be locking up the church. I decided that I would pray as much of the rosary as I could and would complete it at the Grotto of Lourdes.

I had just finished the Joyful mysteries and started the Sorrowful when I heard the door open. It was Fr. Goff and he was locking up the church. I knew I would have to leave. I glanced at my watch and the time was 4:33:13. I had enough time after that to complete the 1st decade of the Sorrowful before Fr. Goff was finished closing up the church.

I drove over to the Grotto of Lourdes and finished the Sorrowful mysteries at the Lourdes shrine. I then made my way around the Grotto and when I arrived at the statue of Our Lady of Fatima I started the Glorious mysteries. The time was then 5:13. When I finished I thought about continuing with the Luminous mysteries but decided that I would save that for a family rosary after I got home. When I got in my truck and was pulling out of the parking lot to go home the time on the dash was 5:33.

At some point while I was driving home I started thinking about S.C.C.’s dad and decided that I would ride out to his grave before going home. I drove straight to Bethel Baptist Church. After I got there it took me a few minutes to locate the grave. While I was at the grave I finished the rosary by praying the Luminous mysteries. When I finished the rosary I returned to my truck to go home and the time on the dash was 8:13. I glanced at my watch and it said 8:13:33. I drove home and when I pulled in the driveway the odometer was 33.

R_____ C___

Aug. 20, 2003

12:13 Am