September 5, 2003

First Friday


I attended mass this morning at "Parish Church". A few minutes before mass ended I just happened to notice Caroline Thomas sitting in the back row of the church across from me. Seeing Caroline there caused me to suddenly remember that today is First Friday. This instantly reminded me that there will be all night adoration at St. Joseph’s and I wanted to go. I glanced at my watch and the time was 9:13.

I went to work in "hometown". Later in the afternoon I took my lunch break and decided that I would ride to Our Lady of the Blue Ridge to pray the rosary. I was not paying any attention to the time (as always) and when I started my truck to leave the time on the dash was 12:13. I drove to OLBR and I glanced at my watch just as I entered the pew and started the rosary. The time was 12:33. I prayed the Joyful mysteries. When I finished I drove back to work and arrived at 1:13.

Later in the day while I was working I noticed a copy of the latest (Aug 22) message from Our Lady of Emmitsburg in my email and I re-read the message. At the very instant I finished reading I was filled with the kind of peace that I do not know how to describe. It is so strong that it becomes physical and actually seems to run through your entire body. It was so strong that I looked at my watch and the time was 3:33.

When I got off work I rode home. I did not go to the Friday night rosary because I was tired because I had been to Emmitsburg the night before to attend a meeting pertaining to a retreat this coming weekend that I have been invited to attend. The retreat is at St. Mary’s and is sponsored by the Missionary’s of Charity (Mother Theresa) and Fr. Ray Walsh is returning from Guadalupe, Mexico to lead the retreat.

I took a nap on the sofa downstairs and did not care what time I woke up because St. Joseph’s would be open all night. When I woke up I got ready and left to go to St. Joseph’s for adoration. I drove to Emmitsburg and arrived at St. Joseph’s at 9:33.

As I was walking in the church my friend Jim O’Brien was walking out and said I am glad you are here because I have something for you. Jim said he was going to walk across the street to his house and get it. I told Jim that I would wait for him in the church.

Jim returned about 10 minutes later and gave me a beautiful Miraculous Medal that he picked up somewhere. I thanked him, he left and I started my prayers. After just praying for a while and talking to God I picked up the rosary where I had left off earlier in the day at OLBR and started with the Sorrowful mysteries until I had finished the rosary. When I finished I left and looked at my watch as I was walking out of the church. The time was 11:13 and 59 seconds. The very last possible second but the time was still 11:13. I drove home and pulled in my driveway at 1:33.

R_____ C___

Sep. 8, 2003

7:13 Am