Sister Genevieve’s 80th Birthday

December 13, 2003

Sister Genevieve’s actual birthday is December 30th but her 80th birthday party was held in the parish hall of St. Mary’s on December 13th. Several weeks ago I was asked if I would pick up Sister Genevieve at the nursing home and bring her to St. Mary’s for the party. Sister Genevieve has less trouble getting in and out of my truck because it is just the right height and her new electric wheel chair will fit in the back.

The day of the party arrived and before leaving for Emmitsburg I went to mass at "Parish Church". When I arrived the odometer was 13.3. After mass I prayed the rosary and when I finished the time was 9:13.

I drove home and when I got there S.C.C. and C.R.C. were ready to leave. While we were driving S.C.C. said she would like to stop at St. Peter’s Books for a few minutes. When we arrived in Emmitsburg I dropped them off there and I rode over to St. Joseph’s for a few minutes. I looked at my watch as I walked in the front door of the church and the time was 12:33. I prayed the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and left. I glanced at my watch as I walked out of the door and it said XX:XX:33.

I drove back to St. Peter’s to pick up S.C.C. and C.R.C. and just as I arrived they were coming out. I glanced at my watch and again it said XX:XX:33. We then rode to St. Mary’s and when we arrived I dropped S.C.C. and C.R.C. off and I was going to go pick up Sister Genevieve. Karen Major stopped me and told me not to rush picking up Sister Genevieve because there were running behind setting things up in the parish hall.

In order to give them additional time setting things up I went upstairs into the church to pray the rosary. I glanced at my watch as I entered the pew and it said XX:XX:13. I had almost finished the rosary when my cell phone rang that was in my coat pocket. It was Sister Genevieve asking if I forgot about her. I told her I would be there in a few minutes.

I then drove to Gettysburg and picked up Sister Genevieve. I helped her in my truck and someone from the nursing home helped me load her electric wheelchair in the back of my truck. We rode back to St. Mary’s and I helped Sister out of the truck and got her in the wheel chair. We then went in the parish hall and the party that was scheduled to begin at 2 PM actually started at 2:13 PM.

There were a lot of people there including Gianna Sullivan. It was a very nice party and everyone had a nice time. When the party was over I was asked to carry a heavy statue of the Infant of Prague and place it in the church. When I picked up the statue I suddenly knew because of the peaceful feeling to glance at my watch. The time was 5:13.

We stayed for the 5:30 mass. After Mass I drove Sister Genevieve back to the nursing home and it made me very happy to see her so happy. I unloaded the wheel chair and got her back to her room and left. When I pulled out of the parking lot the time was 7:13. I drove back to St. Mary’s to pick up S.C.C. and C.R.C. and when we pulled out of the parking lot to go home the time on the dash was 7:33.

While we were driving home my sister called and told me about Bob G’s wheelchair accident at Walmart. She just happened to be there when it happened earlier in the evening. We arrived home and when we pulled in the driveway and the truck came to a complete stop I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33. I then rode out to the hospital to check on Bob’s condition. I saw him and he was in a lot of pain. I had no idea what the time was but when I left Bob the time was 11:13.

R_____ C___

Dec. 20, 2003

11:33 Pm