Monday February 16, 2004

I have had a hard time trying to get the event that took place yesterday with Bob out of my mind. I probably never will. I have had dreams in the past of a demonic nature that were vivid enough that I wrote them down and I even had an encounter while awake on my 2nd trip to Medjugorje that I included in a paper that I wrote about that trip. What happened yesterday leaves no doubt in my mind that this was the closest encounter to evil yet. This may sound ridiculous but I believe it was a victory.

After mass this morning I started the rosary and had not gotten very far when Fr. ____ asked about Bob. I stopped the rosary and asked Fr. ____ if we could talk in private. We walked back to the sacristy and I told him what happened. After I finished telling him about it I returned to my pew and completed the rosary. When I finished I glanced at my watch as I was leaving and the time was 9:33.

I drove to the nursing home and when I walked in Bob’s room the nurse (Betty) said there was a big improvement in Bob. She said he ate some breakfast and drank his chocolate milk and orange juice. She also said he was very talkative. I walked over to Bob and he was very happy to see me.

It was very evident that he had no recollection at all of what happened yesterday. He said he would like to receive Holy Communion. I told Bob that I would go back to church to get the Eucharist and that I would be right back. He said ok. I drove back to "Parish Church" and when I arrived the odometer was 13.

I walked in the rectory and told Fr. ____ about Bob’s improvement and that he would like to receive the Eucharist. Fr. ____ said there was only 1 Host in the tabernacle and that he would go and get one for me to take to Bob. I then drove back to the nursing home and gave Bob the Eucharist. Bob kept the host in his mouth for a very long time before asking for water. During this time Bob prayed the most sincere prayers I have ever heard a person pray.

I then drove home and did a few things with S.C.C. and C.R.C. since I was off from work for Presidents Day. I was walking down the hall towards the bedroom when suddenly I remembered the Miraculous Medal novena at St. Joseph’s tonight. It was very sudden and the first time it crossed my mind. It was so strong that I glanced at my watch and the time was 1:33:59.

I asked S.C.C. if she and C.R.C. wanted to go and she said she would like to go but was going to stay home because of school tomorrow. I then laid down and fell asleep for about an hour. I woke up and the first thought that ran through my mind was going to St. Joseph’s tonight. I looked over and the digital clock next to the bed said 3:33.

I called Ted to see if he would like to go and he said he would. I told him that I would meet him at Wal Mart. When I arrived Ted offered to take his car the rest of the way. I parked my truck and got in Ted’s car. When we pulled out the time on Ted’s dash was 6:33.

We drove to Emmitsburg and when we arrived at St. Joseph’s the time was 7:33. The novena had just started when we walked in the church and Fr. O’Malley who is the new pastor was the celebrant. When the novena and mass was over we were stopped near the rear of the church by some people we know who just wanted to say hello.

While we were standing there Fr. O’Malley came back to lock the doors and introduced himself as the new pastor. He then asked our names. We introduced ourselves and when I told him my name he said “Oh you come from a long ways.” I do not know how he knew that unless he learned it from his “shift handover” replacing Fr. O’Brien. We then left and when we got in the car to leave the time on the dash was 8:13.

We drove back to Leesburg and I got back in my truck to go home. As I was pulling out I glanced at my watch and the time was 9:13:33. I arrived home and pulled in my driveway at 10:33.

R_____ C___

February 19, 2004