Unexpected Trip to St. Joseph’s

March 23, 2004

March 23rd is a day that will always be special to me. Four years ago today Our Lady appeared to Gianna at St. Joseph’s while I was leading the rosary for the 2nd time. I was only a few feet away and it would not be possible to properly describe the experience.

I started the day by attending mass at "Parish Church". I glanced at my watch as I arrived and it said XX:XX:13. Fr. Mike Hann was the visiting priest. After mass I drove to 2nd Bank & Trust to deposit money from the sale of my Civil War relic collection that will be used for the house we plan to buy in Fairfield. I then drove to work and arrived at 10:13.

While I was working I was distracted by a sudden feeling of peace that was triggered by a sudden thought of us moving to Emmitsburg. It was so strong I knew to look at my watch. The time was 11:13.

A little later my co-worker Carrol asked if I was ready to go to lunch. We went and after we finished eating I rode to Our Lady of the Blue Ridge to pray the rosary. When I arrived I prayed the Sorrowful mysteries of the rosary and then I left. When I started the truck the CD displayed 13 on the dash. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13. Pulling out of the parking lot I had to wait for a car to pass that had the license plate of 13.

I went back to work and when I got off and was pulling out of the parking lot I was suddenly struck with a very strong and sudden urge to go to St. Joseph’s tonight. I also had a mental flash back of what happened 4 years ago. I looked at my watch and the time was 5:13:33.

I considered leaving straight from work but I did not because I knew S.C.C. was cooking dinner. I drove home and shortly after I arrived the sudden urge hit me again and this time it was even stronger. I looked at my watch and the time was 5:33:13.

I went upstairs and sat at the kitchen table and S.C.C. asked if I was going to RCIA tonight. I said no because there was some place I needed to go. She looked at me and suddenly the peaceful feeling hit me again and this time it was so strong and I knew I had to go. No matter how hard I tried to hold it back, I cried.

We ate dinner and afterwards I told S.C.C. I was leaving. I looked at my watch and the time was 6:13:33. I drove to St. Joseph’s. When I arrived the time was 8:33. I prayed the 3 remaining mysteries of the rosary I started earlier at Our Lady of the Blue Ridge and when I finished I got in my truck to go home. I started the truck and the time on the dash was 9:13. I drove home and pulled in my driveway and the time was 11:33.

R_____ C___

March 24, 2004

11:13 Pm