First Friday

May 7, 2004

I started the day by attending mass at Our Lady of the Blue Ridge because there is no mass in "hometown" because Fr. ___ is in Texas for a meeting of the _____ Priest. After mass I stayed and prayed the rosary before going to work in "hometown".

I did a few things in "hometown" before leaving to work the rest of the day in Manassas. When I arrived in Manassas I stopped first at All Saints and prayed the Chaplet of Divine Mercy before going to work. At the very instant I completed the Chaplet I felt that sudden sense of peace. I glanced at my watch and it said 10:33:00. I left and noticed that at the very instant I walked out of the chapel the time was 10:33:33.

I spent the rest of the day taking a handover from my Manassas co-worker, Vivian because she is leaving to go visit her parents in China for 3 weeks.

When we finished for the day I left and just as I was leaving I had a sudden urge to pray the rosary at All Saints before leaving for Emmitsburg. I looked at my watch as I walked out the door and the time was 4:13:33.

I prayed the rosary at All Saints and when I finished I looked at my watch and the time was 4:33. When I walked out the door to leave for Emmitsburg the time was 4:33:33. I wanted to go to the Friday night rosary at St. Mary’s because I had not been there in a long time. I arrived in Emmitsburg and stopped at St. Joseph’s first. When I arrived the odometer was 33.

I drove to St. Mary’s for the rosary and arrived at 7:13:33. Just at that time I saw Dolly K and Ray Hennessey walking out of the church. They said that the rosary was over and they were leaving because only a few people showed up. Ray then said he had some insurance papers pertaining to the new house and he gave them to me. I then rode back to St. Joseph’s and arrived at 7:33.

I wanted to finish my rosary that I had started earlier in the day so I sat in my truck and started to pray. A few minutes later Ray Sanders came walking over from the rectory and got in my truck and started to talk. Just at that time Fr. Steve unlocked the church. I asked Ray what was going on tonight and he reminded me that it was 1st Friday. I completely forgot.

Ray said he was going to walk over to the post office to mail his bills and then go in for Holy Hour. I told Ray I would wait for him. When Ray returned we walked in church and the time was 8:13. I completed the rosary I started in the truck and completed it at 8:33.

I remained in church for a while and just prayed. I then got up to leave. When I walked out of St. Joseph’s I looked at my watch and the time was 9:13. I drove home and pulled in my driveway and the clock on the dash was 10:33.

R_____ C___

May 12, 2004

10:33 Pm