2nd Anniversary of the Night I Saw Jesus

June 7, 2004


Sometimes when I think of the night I saw The Face of Jesus in St. Joseph's it seems like it was just yesterday and other times it seems like it was a lifetime ago. It has now been 2 years since that night in St. Joseph's and without a doubt it is the focal point not only of my experiences in Emmitsburg but in my entire life. My memory of this event is as clear now as the night it happened. I can still see every detail of His face which strongly resembled the Shroud of Turin.

The night this happened was the evening of June 7 & 8th, 2002. It started with the sudden out of nowhere urge to stop what I was doing and go to St. Joseph's late in the evening of June 7. This was the night C.R.C. graduated from "Hometown Catholic School". It was the Feast of The Immaculate Heart of Mary. When I arrived that night it was shortly after midnight and was now June 8th which was the Feast of The Sacred Heart of Jesus that year. It was also First Friday and all night adoration was taking place in St. Joseph's. I did not know that when I left the house that night.

It seems extra special when I think about it because not only do I consider the anniversary of this event June 7th and 8th but also the First Friday of June no matter what the date is. I also consider it the anniversary on The Feast of The Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus no matter what day it falls on. It is just extra special and very often I will suddenly recall this night and will be filled with peace and strength. When that happens I am suddenly hit with a 13 or 33 from somewhere unexpected.

I had planned to go to the Miraculous Medal novena tonight because today marks the 2nd anniversary. I started the day by attending mass at "Parish Church". I was the Eucharistic Minister. I then went to work in "hometown" and was fairly busy most of the day. I went to lunch with my co-worker Carrol and when he finished eating I got up to leave and drove to "Parish Church" to pray the rosary during the remainder of my lunch break. I arrived at "Parish Church" and the time on the dash was 12:33. I glanced at my watch as I walked in the church and it said 12:33:33.

I prayed 2 mysteries the rosary and while I was praying I remembered vividly what happened at St. Joseph's 2 years ago. I was not able to think of anything else. I was filled with peace that was so strong that I wished the rosary would never end. When I did finish the rosary I looked at my watch at the very instant I finished and kissed the crucifix. The time was 1:13:00. I also glanced at my watch as I walked out the door of "Parish Church" and it said 1:13:59. I drove back to work and when I arrived the odometer was 13.

Later in the afternoon while I was working I had a very sudden and strong thought crash through my mind about our upcoming move to Emmitsburg / Carroll Valley. It was so strong and accompanied with such strong peace I knew I had to glance at my watch and the time was 2:33.

When I got off work I drove to Leesburg and picked up Ted and he rode to Emmitsburg with me. We stopped at the Grotto first to get water. I glanced at my watch as the car came to a complete stop and it said 7:13:00. We got the water and drove to St. Joseph's and when we pulled in the parking lot the time on the dash said 7:33. I glanced at my watch and it said 7:33:13.

Fr. Steve was the celebrant and mass was in the parish hall because of renovations currently taking place during the week at St. Joseph's. All during mass I had continuous memories of 2 years ago. When it came time to to receive Holy Communion I returned to my seat and in prayer I said "Thank You Jesus". I was referring to seeing Him. I glanced down at that instant and my watch said XX:XX:33.

Mass ended and as Ted and I were leaving we were stopped by several people we know who just wanted to say hello. I saw Ray Hennessey and we discussed our June 30th closing on our new house. When we got in the car to leave the time on the dash was 8:13. I glanced at my watch as we were pulling out of the parking lot and it said 8:13:33. I drove Ted back to his car in Leesburg and then drove the rest of the way home. I pulled in my driveway and the time on the dash was 10:33.

R_____ C___

June 14, 2004

3:33 Pm