First Friday October 1

It actually started the day before on First Friday October 1st which was the Feast of St. Therese’ and like every First Friday this unusual thing that happens to me was very strong and frequent through out the entire day. I took the day off from work to get some things done and when I woke up this morning I looked over at the clock and the time was 6:13.

When the day starts like that it is usually a pretty good indication of how the rest of the day will go. I am at a loss to explain it but I know it is good because I know it is from God so I just cooperate with it and let it happen as it happens and then I write it down. I believe that is what I am supposed to do, so I do it.

I know it gets repetitive but I believe it is necessary to record the small events to better understand how the day progresses and leads up to the bigger events. This is why if I wake up at 13 or 33 minutes after the hour that is where I start recording the events of the day. It’s always best to start at the beginning and not leave anything out even if it initially seems insignificant.

Like I said I woke up this morning at 6:13. Later in the morning I attended mass at St. Mary’s and when I arrived there the odometer was 1.3. I glanced at my watch at the very instant the car came to a complete stop and it said XX:XX:33. When mass ended I glanced at my watch as I walked out the door and it said XX:XX:13.

Later in the morning I ran a few errands. I needed to take some things over to Karen and Mick Major’s farm for the 2nd prayer service to be held there tomorrow. I also needed to go to the bank. I drove to Emmitsburg and parked at St. Joseph’s since it is central to everything. When I arrived there I said a few prayers and went on with my errands. The odometer was 1.3.

After finishing the things I needed to do in town I rode out to Karen and Mick's and delivered a wooden stand that a statue of Our Lady is placed on. On my way home I had a sudden urge to pray the rosary. I was close to St. Mary’s. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33. I arrived at St. Mary’s and glanced at my watch at the very instant the truck came to a complete stop. It said XX:XX:33. I went in and prayed the rosary and during the entire rosary I could not get St. Therese out of my mind. I finished the rosary and glanced at my watch and again it said XX:XX:33.

I drove home and did a few things around the house and later in the day I had the sudden urge to sit down at my computer and write another paper from my notes because I don’t like to let them get to far behind. I sat down to write the paper and noticed the time on the computer was 2:13. I wrote the September 22 paper and finished it at 3:33.

Later in the day I rode out to the Grotto of Lourdes. I wanted to go there for the Feast of St. Therese. I got in my truck to go there and when I started it the time on the dash was 5:33. I arrived there and just walked through the Grotto. I never looked at my watch until I arrived at the statue of Our Lady of Fatima. I felt the peaceful feeling hit me and I looked at my watch. The time was 6:13.

I sat down on the bench and prayed the Glorious mysteries of the rosary. When I finished I was going to leave but I noticed adoration was in progress in the glass chapel so I went in. At the very instant I opened the door the peaceful feeling hit me again. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33.

I prayed before the Blessed Sacrament for a few minutes and drove home to pick up my LMC book because we have our Lay Missionary of Charity study group at Phil C’s house tonight. We had our study group and during the meeting Phil asked if I was going to all night First Friday adoration at St. Joseph’s tonight. I told him I would be going at some point. He said he was scheduled from 1 to 3 AM but someone was needed from 5 AM until 6 AM. He wanted to know if I could fill in that vacant slot in order to meet the required minimum number of people in the church. I told Phil I was going for a little while after the meeting and I would also cover the 5 to 6 AM slot. The meeting ended and I drove to St. Joseph’s and when I arrived the time was 9:13.

I prayed the Joyful mysteries of the rosary and all during the rosary I had sudden thoughts and memories of C.R.C.’s baptism 6 years ago. At the very instant I finished the rosary I thought about having to be back at 5 AM. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33. I got in my car to go home and at the very instant I started to pull out the feeling of peace hit me again. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13.

I drove home and I could tell that Our Lady’s presence was very strong especially because of the constant feeling of peace and satisfaction. This feeling is not comparable to anything I have ever experienced before. I sat down again at my computer to write the 23 September paper and when I did I noticed the time was 10:13. I wrote the paper and finished it at 11:33.

First Saturday October 2

S.C.C. was already asleep and I did not want to wake her up by having to get up and be back at St. Joseph’s by 5 AM so I went upstairs and got C.R.C.’s alarm clock and set it for 4:45. I then went to sleep on the couch in the living room. The next thing I knew I was suddenly being awakened by the clock on the wall chiming 5 o’clock. The alarm clock never went off. I knew I was late, got dressed and left for St. Joseph’s. I arrived at St. Joseph’s and the clock on the dash said 5:13.

I walked in the church and fulfilled the minimum number of people required to be in the church during all night adoration. I prayed the 3 remaining mysteries of the rosary that I started earlier in the night when I arrived at 9:13 and when I finished the 6 AM people were already there so I left. I glanced at my watch as I walked out the door and the time was 6:13. I drove home and pulled in my driveway and the odometer was 13.

Since it is First Saturday we have our regularly scheduled monthly Lay Missionaries of Charity meeting at St. Mary’s. It begins with 8 AM mass. I arrived there and walked in the church. At that instant the feeling of peace hit and I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33. After mass Sherry Masser asked if I would lead the rosary. We prayed the Joyful mysteries. The meeting followed and ended at 10:13.

Later in the day I drove to St. Joseph’s to meet my old Legion of Mary co-worker, Mary G. I was supposed to meet her at 2:00. I arrived early because I was hoping to pray the rosary before she arrived. I arrived at St. Joseph’s and at the very instant the car came to a complete stop the CD player flashed 13. I walked in the church and was surprised to see that Mary was already there. We prayed for a few minutes and left. Mary was going to follow me back to our house. When I started the car to leave the CD player again flashed 13.

Later in the afternoon we all left to go to Karen and Mick Major’s farm because there was going to be another public gathering and rosary with Gianna Sullivan at 4:30. Mass would follow at St. Joseph’s in Taneytown. The weather did not look good and the forecast called for late afternoon thunder storms. It was overcast the entire day with occasional periods of light rain. It was raining when we left the house.

Mary offered to drive her car but I needed to take S.C.C.’s car because I was supposed to pickup Sister Genevieve at St. Catherine’s. Mary’s car would have been to difficult for Sr. Genevieve to get into. It ended up that we needed both vehicles. S.C.C. and C.R.C. rode with Mary and they said they would meet me at St. Peter’s Book Store after I picked up Sr. Genevieve. Just as we pulled out of the driveway the peaceful feeling hit me again. I then noticed the odometer in S.C.C.’s car was 13.

We started driving to Emmitsburg and encountered a major traffic backup. Traffic was sitting still. After sitting still for about 5 minutes I decided to turn around and go the back way to Emmitsburg. I thought it was a car accident causing the delay. I turned around and signaled for Mary to follow me. We took the back road and when we got to Emmitsburg we encountered the same traffic jam. It ended up being caused by the National Fallen Fire Fighters memorial being held in Emmitsburg today. I was later told traffic was jammed in all directions coming into Emmitsburg.

We finally made our way into Emmitsburg and I went to St. Catherine’s to pick up Sr. Genevieve. Mary, S.C.C. and C.R.C. went to St. Peter’s. Sr. Genevieve was ready when I arrived and I helped her in the car. I put her wheelchair in the trunk. We then left and because of the traffic delay it caused us to arrive at St. Joseph’s at 3:33.

The thought of the traffic jam causing our arrival there at that time made me want to go in for just a minute and say thank You. I left the motor running and told Sr. Genevieve I would be right back. I walked in the church and at the very instant I walked in the front door the peace hit me. I glanced at my watch and it said 3:33:59.

When I got in I was surprised to see people in there. It never crossed my mind about 1st Saturday confessions taking place. I noticed there were only 2 people in line and the first one was just going in. I took my place in line behind the 1 remaining person and within a few minutes it was my turn. I felt good after going to confession thinking that Our Lady would most likely appear at the rosary we were on our way to.

I returned to the car and Sr. Genevieve and I rode to St. Peter’s Books. Mary, S.C.C. and C.R.C. and a group of others were there. Sr. Genevieve asked if I would walk across the street to the Jubilee Supermarket and get her a jar of raspberry jam. I did and then we left to go to Karen and Mick’s farm. Mary followed behind us. We arrived at the farm and pulled in the driveway just as the clock on the dash switched to 4:13.

The rosary began at 4:30 and Our Lady did appear after the 8th Hail Mary in the 4th decade. Just like on August 15th . During the apparition the silence was very noticeable. The only thing I could hear were birds chirping and a dog barking way off in the distance. I did not know why at the time but during the apparition this caught my attention and I had the thought of the peace and tranquility of God’s creatures. I actually thought about this while Gianna was seeing Our Lady. And Our Lady mentioned it in the message.

Because of the threat of rain there were not as many people there as on August 15th . I would say about half. After the apparition the Chaplet of Divine Mercy was prayed and during this time the sun came out for a few minutes. I am not saying this was a miracle I am just saying this was the only 10 minutes of sunshine the entire day.

After the rosary Gianna prayed over seriously ill people including my nephew Eric who is still recovering from his brain injury. We then went to St. Joseph’s in Taneytown and mass was said by 2 Carmelite priest from India. They brought 7 Carmelite nuns with them. At the end of mass the priest asked everybody to sit down. Because they wanted to talk. It was at that instant halos of brilliant gold and blue light surrounded the statue of Mary on the left side of the church. It was as brilliant as I have ever seen it. I looked at my watch and the time was 7:13.

The priest talked about how much they liked being in and praying with the people in Emmitsburg. When they finished talking I helped Sr. Genevieve get out of the church through a very narrow door that her wheel chair would just barely go through. We finally made it and the peace hit me. I looked at my watch and the time was 7:33:59.

Sunday October 3rd

It was 6 years ago today C.R.C. was baptized at "Parish Church" in "hometown" and I always remember it as a very special day. I always will associate it with St. Therese’ and October 3rd was her original feast day.

This morning C.R.C. and I rode out to Karen and Mick’s farm to pick up a table that was used during the prayer service and rosary. While we were there Karen reminded me that the married couples prayer group that Gianna founded 10 years ago would meet at St. Mary’s at 2 PM.

S.C.C. and I had been invited to join about 2 months ago and I am embarrassed to admit but it came as a complete surprise to me because I had completely forgotten about it. I told Karen that we would see them there. After loading the table in my truck C.R.C. and I rode home and pulled in the driveway and the time was 11:13.

I went in the house and reminded S.C.C. and she had also forgotten about it. I then knew going to get the table and while there having Karen remind me about it and then arriving home at 11:13 was a good indication that it was Our Lady’s desire that we go. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13.

In the past this group was only open to married couples but as of this year it has been expanded to include a singles group too. We made the mistake of leaving C.R.C. at home because we thought it was just for adults and it is but today it was open to entire familys because there was a mass and a dinner afterwards. It would have been good if C.R.C. had been there because there was no altar boy. David Liddle took that role.

After dinner Dr. Michael Sullivan invited everyone present to go to the bed and breakfast home of John and Janet Malpelli to pray the rosary. It could not be done in the Church because of the probability of Our Lady appearing to Gianna during the rosary for her daily apparition. It needed to be in a place where Our Lady could come and not break any standing directives. If this was not met most likely Our Lady would not come.

We rode out to their house and we prayed the rosary in a small sitting room. There were about 10 people in the room and about 10 more outside on a adjoining deck.

Our Lady did appear to Gianna at 4:44 PM and the apparition ended at 4:56 PM and gave her the October Public Message which as of now still has not been released. S.C.C. and I were only a few feet from Gianna during the apparition and when Gianna repeated the message we were able to hear every word as it was given. The main theme was this being the year of the Eucharist. We left after the rosary and the sudden thought of this being the anniversary of C.R.C.s baptisim hit me very hard. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33.

R_____ C___

Oct 12, 2004

9:33 Pm