First Friday & Saturday

December 3-4, 2004

First Friday December 3rd

One of the things that never ceases to amaze me is how the most unexpected events that are beyond anybody’s control will be the event that causes these things I have described to happen. Today is a perfect example.

I received an email from the real estate company saying the tenants who rent our house in "hometown" were having problems with the water being very slow filling up in the washing machine. I told them I would be working in "hometown" on Friday and I would stop by the house and fix it because it has happened before and I know just what to do.

Friday came and I reminded S.C.C. that I would be home late because I needed to stop by the house in "hometown" and fix the water. I tried to find my pliers because that was the only tool I would need to fix the problem but I could not find them. I left the house and on my way to work I stopped at St. Joseph’s just to say a quick prayer. I looked at my watch at the very instant the car came to a complete stop and the time was 6:13.

After just sitting in the car and praying for a few minutes I left to go to work. I had been driving for a while when very suddenly I remembered this was First Friday and St. Joseph’s would be open all night long for adoration. At the very instant I remembered this I just happened to notice the CD player on the dash flash 13.

I continued driving to "hometown" and because of very heavy traffic I was not able to get over in the turning lane to go through Warrenton like I usually do so I just kept going to "hometown" on Rt. 29. When I arrived in "hometown" I suddenly remembered that I would need pliers to fix the water this evening when I get off from work so I stopped at Lowe’s and picked up a cheap pair of pliers. I then rode to "Parish Church" for mass and when I arrived I glanced at my watch as I was getting ready to open the door and the time was 8:33:13. It was the Friday Children’s mass and it ended at 9:13.

I was walking out of the church and I saw a parishioner who said to me at the last March for Life that if I ever went back to Medjugorje to let her know because she would consider going. Keeping my promise I mentioned it to Mrs. Loverde. I then glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13.

I then went to work and when I arrived I was swamped because I have been spending most of my time in Manassas training for my new job. My "hometown" replacement arrived and I spent the entire day catching up and showing her how things are done. During the day my old co-worker, Carrol asked me to go to lunch with him. When we finished eating I left to go pray the rosary at "Parish Church". When I arrived I glanced at my watch and the time was 12:33:00. I prayed the Joyful and Sorrowful mysteries and when I finished I looked at my watch as I walked out the door and the time was 1:13.

I drove back to work and continued showing my replacement how to do the job while at the same time trying to reduce the backlog of work that piled up while I have been in Manassas. I was extremely busy and slightly agitated when suddenly the feeling of peace came over me with a sudden thought of how Our Lady’s graces from Emmitsburg carry over to every aspect of life including my job. It was so strong I glanced at my watch and the time was 2:33. Suddenly the tension was gone. The same thing happened again at 3:33.

When we finished all of the work we left for the weekend. I then drove out to our house in "hometown" and fixed the washing machine problem which was nothing more than a little sediment that built up in the hose filter. I then left and drove back to Emmitsburg. I stopped at St. Joseph’s on my way home for First Friday and when I arrived I glanced at my watch just as I walked in the front door and the time was 8:13.

The Blessed Sacrament was on the altar and Fr. Steve was there. I knelt down to pray and I started thinking how my arrival at St. Joseph’s at 8:13 was because of me needing to go out to our old house and fix the water. This is a good example of events beyond my control that cause my arrival at St. Joseph’s at the time I arrive.

A little while later Fr. Steve started the night prayers and when they were completed I felt the desire to complete the rosary I started earlier in the day at "Parish Church". I never looked at my watch until I finished the rosary by praying both the Glorious and Luminous mysteries. At the very instant I finished I glanced at my watch and the time was 9:33:13.

First Saturday December 4th

When I arrived home from St. Joseph’s I was a little tired. I talked to S.C.C. for a while and decided that I would go back to St. Joseph’s at what ever time I woke up. I fell asleep on the living room couch with the TV on. Later in the night I woke up and I left to go back to St. Joseph’s for adoration. While I was driving the orange warning light came on saying I needed gas. I had to go a few extra miles out of my way to get the gas. When I arrived at the gas pump the time on the receipt was 1:33. I then rode back to St. Joseph’s and at the very instant I arrived the odometer switched to 13.

My friend Phil C and about 9 or 10 other people were there and the feeling of peace was very strong. I decided that I would pray the rosary with the main intention of the Gregorian Masses currently being said in Ecuador for my father. I prayed both the Joyful and Sorrowful mysteries. At the very instant I finished the rosary I felt the peace run through me. I glanced at my watch and the time was 2:33:13.

I continued to pray before the Blessed Sacrament for a while before leaving for home knowing it was the need for gas that caused the odometer to read 13 upon my arrival. I then rode home and went back to bed.

Later S.C.C. and I then attended the monthly LMC meeting at St. Mary’s and Fr. M______ said he would be unable to attend because his sister was arriving from out of town. When the meeting was over S.C.C. and I attended the Christmas Bazaar being held in the parish hall. We then left to go home and when we started the car to leave the CD player flashed 13.

We went home and S.C.C. left to go to work at St. Peter’s Books and I laid down on the couch and slept for several hours because I was not feeling well. When I woke up I was feeling much better and I rode to St. Joseph’s. At the very instant I arrived the odometer switched to 33.

I went in the church and the priest were hearing confessions. I went to Fr. O’Malley. People were coming in for the 4:30 mass but I did not stay because both S.C.C. and I were scheduled to be Eucharistic Ministers tomorrow morning at the 8 AM mass at St. Mary’s. As I was leaving I ran into Bob F and he told me he had just decided today that he would be going to Medjugorje on our March 28th trip. I then got in my car to leave and as I pulled out the clock on the dash switched to 4:13. I needed to stop by the store and then I drove home and pulled in my driveway and the time on the dash was 4:33.

R_____ C___

Dec. 8, 2004

9:33:33 Pm