December 5, 2004

Barbara G.

Over the years I have noticed that Our Lady of Emmitsburg never forgets anything, or anybody whose life has been in anyway touched by Her Immaculate Heart. When I think back to Bob G I realize how I was honored to witness a life that was transformed into holiness all the way up to his dying breath. All because of Our Lady of Emmitsburg. Bob’s wife Barbara also came to Emmitsburg several times and converted to the Catholic Church mainly because of the change she witnessed in Bob.

This is not an isolated case. The history of the apparitions or Our Lady of Emmitsburg is full of such conversions, not just back in the days of the Thursday Night Prayer Group but today as well. Nothing has changed here. Our Lady was here during the Thursday Night Prayer Group and She is here today and She is here to stay.

I went to bed very early tonight because I was not feeling well most of the day yesterday. I was a little tired and run down. During the middle of the night I suddenly awoke with the desire to pray. The peace was very strong and I knew what the clock would say if I looked over at it. I looked and the time was 3:33.

I laid in bed and said a few prayers and went back to sleep. Later in the morning I got up and got ready for the 8 AM mass because both Susan and I were scheduled to be Eucharistic Ministers at St. Mary’s for the very first time. As we walked out of the house I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13.

S.C.C. and I arrived at St. Mary’s and Fr. M______ told us that we would not be needed today as Eucharistic Ministers because there were 2 visiting deacons. Fr. M___ then asked Susan and I to bring up the gifts. Mass began and when it came time to take the gifts up I was suddenly struck with peace. After turning around to go back to our pew I noticed the time on the clock in the back of the church was 8:33.

Mass ended and Susan had her 1st Sunday Welcome Table duty after mass with Aileen C. I sat in the parish hall until she was finished. When Susan was done we got in the car to leave and when I started it the time was 9:33.

At some point later in the afternoon I had a sudden thought that I should write another paper. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33. I did a few things around the house and when I finished I sat down to start writing. Like always I prayed first and just as I finished praying I felt the peace. I glanced at my watch and the time was 2:13.

I started to write the November 27th paper and about half way through I had the very sudden urge to just stop and ride to St. Joseph’s because I had not yet prayed my rosary and it was starting to get late. I drove to St. Joseph’s and just at I tried to open the door the feeling of peace hit. The door was locked. I glanced at my watch and the time was 4:13:13.

I saw Fr. Goff walking back to the rectory because he had just locked the church so I sat in my car and prayed the Glorious mysteries and glanced at my watch at the very instant I finished. The time was now 4:33:33.

I then drove home and when I walked in the house Susan was talking to Barbara G on the phone. They talked for a good while. I continued working on the November 27th paper. Susan then handed me the phone and I talked to Barbara for a very long time. Barbara was depressed because this will be her first Christmas without Bob and she was having a difficult time dealing with it. We had a very nice talk and I think Barbara felt a little better because of it. At the very instant Barbara finished talking and hung up I felt the sudden sense of peace. My mind went straight back to many memories of Bob and Barbara and Emmitsburg. I glanced at my watch and the time was 6:13:13.

I then continued working on the November 27th paper and was delayed by another phone call from a member of the Lay Missionaries of Charity. I then completed the Nov 27th paper and looked at my watch and the time was 8:33:13.

R_____ C___

Dec. 11, 2004

10:33 Pm