Miraculous Medal Novena

January 3, 2005

When I think about the things that have happened to me since first coming to Emmitsburg it makes me tremble sometimes. When I think of the night I saw Jesus Christ in St. Joseph’s and most recently The Virgin Mary just last month it causes me to want to pray more. I know I am not worthy of such a gift but if it is God’s will I will accept it. All I have to do is recall the images of Jesus and Mary in my mind and I am suddenly filled with all the peace and confidence I need to continue. My response to anything They want is YES.

I was off from work today because of the New Years holiday. I fell asleep on the couch last night and ended up spending most of the night there. I woke up and walked upstairs to go to bed and the time was 5:33.

Later in the morning S.C.C. and I went to mass at St. Mary’s. After mass Gianna Sullivan walked up to me and wished me a happy new year. She also said she saw me the other day at Ski Liberty. I told her I was dropping C.R.C. off so he could spend the day there. I had a strong feeling she is at least somewhat aware that unusual things happen to me. I don’t know why I just felt it. I glanced at my watch as I walked out the door and it said XX:XX:13.

S.C.C. left for work at St. Peter’s and I rode home to pick up some bills I needed to put in the mail. I then rode in town to get a cup of coffee at St. Peter’s. St. Joseph’s is on the way so when I got there I stopped to say a few prayers. The time on the dash when I arrived was 9:33.

They were preparing for a funeral so I only prayed for a few minutes and left. I rode down the street to St. Peter’s for coffee and when I arrived there the odometer was 1.3. I talked to S.C.C. for a while and she asked me to run a few errands for her. I was suddenly filled with peace as I left and glanced at my watch and the time was 10:33:00.

I drove home and did the things S.C.C. asked me to do which included going to the post office in Fairfield and mailing some things for her. Just as I finished at the post office I had the sudden urge to pray the rosary at St. Mary’s. I drove straight there and when I arrived the time on the dash was 11:13 and the odometer was 3.3. I walked in the church and glanced at my watch just as I started the rosary and the time was 11:13:33. I prayed the Joyful mysteries and when I finished I glanced at my watch and the time was 11:33.

When I left St. Mary’s I rode into Gettysburg to check the status of some items from my Civil War collection that are still waiting to be sold. The remaining items have not been sold yet.

When I got home S.C.C. was there and she and I watched a movie on TV. Near the end of the movie the phone rang. It was the auto license plate agency saying my PA license plates for my Totoya were ready. I needed to get them immediately because my old Va plates had expired. I picked them up and rode straight to St. Joseph’s because I had another sudden urge to pray the rosary. I arrived there and the time was 3:33.

I prayed the Sorrowful and Glorious mysteries and just before I finished Fr. Steve came in and started carrying poinsettias off of the altar towards the back of the church. I felt the urge to offer him some help. I did and at that instant I felt the peace. I glanced at my watch and the time was 4:13.

When we finished I drove home and later S.C.C. asked if I was going to the Miraculous Medal Novena tonight at St. Joseph’s. I said yes. In the meantime I sat down at my computer to start the 24/25 December paper and just as I did I noticed the time was 5:13.

I completed up through December 24 and then left to go to St. Joseph’s. I glanced at my watch as I left and it said XX:XX:13. I arrived at St. Joseph’s and just as I arrived I glanced at my watch and the time was 7:33:33 and the CD counter on the dash flashed 13.

Fr. Steve was the priest and when everything was over he offered the poinsettias that we had carried to the back of the church to anyone who wanted them. When I got in my car I started it to leave and the time on the dash was 8:13. I arrived home and only had a few more sentences to write on the paper I was working on. I completed the paper and the time was 8:33.

R_____ C___

Jan 10, 2005

10:13 Pm