Meeting with Fr. O’Malley

April 25-26, 2005

I was very surprised this past Saturday when Fr. O’Malley invited me to call the rectory and make an appointment to meet with him in his office. It caught me by complete surprise. It is a good example of how unexpected events such as this end up becoming the beginning of a sequence of events that lead up to me writing another paper. I never know what to expect, I just know it will be something.

Monday April 25, 2005

I was at work sitting at my desk and realized now would be a good time to call St. Joseph’s to schedule the meeting with Fr. O’Malley. Just as the urge to call struck I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33.

The secretary answered the phone and I told her Fr. O’Malley was expecting me to call and make and appointment to see him. She asked if tomorrow at 6:30 pm would be ok. It surprised me that it would be so soon. I told her that was perfect. We hung up and at that very instant I noticed the desk calendar on my desk was turned to the wrong page. It was on the 13th. It caught me by complete surprise and I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13.

A little later in the day I was suddenly filled with a peaceful feeling of the scheduled meeting. I glanced at my watch as the feeling of peace ended and the time was 2:13:59.

Tuesday April 26, 2005

I left the house this morning to go to work. Like every morning I stopped by St. Joseph’s on the way just to say a few prayers. I arrived and the time was 6:13. I sat in the car and prayed for a few minutes about my meeting this evening with Fr. O’Malley.

I finished my prayers and drove to Manassas. At the very instant I pulled into the parking lot at All Saint’s I felt the peace. It was at that instant I just happened to notice the counter on the CD player flashed 3:33. The main focus of my prayers during mass was my meeting with Fr. O’Malley. At the very instant I received Holy Communion I again felt the strong feeling of peace. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13.

After mass I drove across the street to work. I was fairly busy most of the day. There were several times throughout the day that I would suddenly have a thought about the meeting this evening. Each time I glanced at my watch as the thought struck and each time it said XX:XX:13 or 33.

At a good breaking point in the work I left to go to lunch and pray the rosary with my friend and co-worker, Frank K. As we left I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13. We drove across the street to All Saint’s and arrived at 12:13. I prayed the Sorrowful rosary for my meeting tonight. When I finished my rosary I waited for Frank to finish his prayers and then we drove back to work and when we arrived the odometer was 1.3.

Later in the afternoon I made copies of my papers that pick up where the last ones I gave Fr. O’Malley left off. It was about 4 or 5 months worth. I wrote a short note on a yellow sticky that said “Please pray for me” on the page that describes the night I saw Our Lady of Emmitsburg on December 8, 2004. It was at the very instant I put the note on that paper that I again suddenly felt the peace run through me. It was then that I noticed the time was 2:33.

The work load slowed down and I mentioned to my supervisor that I needed to leave a little early today because I had an appointment at 6:30. Venkat said that was no problem. Later when I was ready to leave I had to wait because Venkat was not at his desk. I could not just leave the area unmanned. I waited until Venkat returned and then I left for the day. I then drove across the street to All Saint’s to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. At the very instant I arrived I glanced at my watch and the time was 4:13:33.

I prayed the Chaplet and when I finished I left to go to Emmitsburg for my meeting with Fr. O’Malley. I continued to pray about the meeting and that Our Lady would help me say the things that I needed to say. I arrived in Emmitsburg and pulled in St. Joseph’s parking lot and the time was 6:33.

I walked in the rectory and met Fr. O’Malley. He had just come in from playing golf. He invited me in his office and closed the door. We started with a prayer and from then on I had the opportunity to say everything and anything I wanted. He listened to everything I had to say and he asked questions and I answered them. When we finished he asked if there was anything else. I told him that if we talked about everything we would still me here a month from now and I would not have finished. I left and as I walked out of the rectory door the feeling of peace hit me again. I felt it went very well. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13. I glanced at my watch as I pulled out and it said XX:XX:33. I drove home and pulled in my drive way and the time was 7:33:59.

R_____ C___

May 13, 2005

11:33:13 Am