It is Impossible that this is Coincidence

Fr. M___ ’s Stained Glass Window and my Trip to California

Sunday June 12 - Wednesday June 15, 2005

There are many times I stop and try to reason logically why the things that I have reported have been happening to me. When I think about this my mind goes straight back to my early days at the Thursday Night Prayer Group at St. Joseph’s when I told Our Lady in prayer during the apparition to Gianna that I was willing to help Her in anyway She wished. I have never regretted making that statement to Her and I would do it all over again under the same circumstances.

However, there are times that it becomes very difficult. Because of the frequency that things happen I am not able to write a paper for everything I would like to. I at least have been able to keep my handwritten notes up to date. There are other times I feel a little over burdened and sometimes ask myself “Why?” “What is the purpose?” etc.

Thoughts such as these seem to put an extra burden on me because my weak human nature would like some answers that I know I am not fully capable of comprehending. My driving force is the fact that I know I am telling the truth. I am not an extremely smart person but I am smart enough to know that what I have reported is far beyond the possibility of coincidence.

I am going to write this paper about Fr. M______ ’s stained glass window and my trip to California as an example of how it is the actions of other people and events that I have absolutely no control over that lead up to the events that are taking place in my life on a daily basis. I could not have orchestrated these events if my life depended on it.

Stained Glass Window

June 12

Yesterday Phil C mentioned that Fr. M____ wanted to talk to me. I told Phil that I would give him a call. I called Fr. M____ and he asked if I could go with him and several others to Dauphin, PA to pick up a stained glass window of Our Lady holding The Child Jesus that was being donated by Zion Lutheran Church to the chapel that is being built at the House of Studies of The Missionaries of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary. I told Fr. M_____ that I would go and he said to be at St. Mary’s at 8 AM.

The next morning I arrived at St. Mary’s and there were about 8 or 9 people there who were also going because there was a special service for the presentation of the window at the Lutheran church.

We drove to Dauphin, PA and it took a little more than an hour to get there. We were a few minutes late arriving but they did not start the service until we arrived. The Lutheran pastor was Rev. Randolph Barr and we were very warmly welcomed. The Lutheran Bishop was also there for the presentation of the window.

During the Lutheran church service I noticed there were many things that were similar to the Catholic mass and I also noticed many key elements were missing. Towards the end of the service Rev. Barr invited Fr. M____ and the Lutheran Bishop to come to the front of the church and the transfer of ownership of the window took place. At the instant the window was officially handed over to Fr. M____ I suddenly felt the peace run through me. The time was 10:33.

The church service ended a few minutes later and we went down stairs to a huge lunch in the church hall. We were sitting at our table eating and Rev. Barr came and sat down with us. He started telling us the history of the window and how it was almost destroyed by fire a few months ago when the building it was being stored in burned. He said the window was rescued from the burning building just in time.

We saw the burned building when we first arrived. As he told us about this I was again struck with peace as the thought ran through my mind that Our Lady of Emmitsburg was directly responsible for the window not getting burned up and it being given back to the Catholic Church. This sudden thought and feeling of peace was so strong as he was telling us about this that I knew to glance at my watch and the time was 11:13.

After we finished eating we went back upstairs to get the window and carry it down to my truck. The window was fairly heavy and it took 3 people to carry it safely. We loaded the window in the back of my truck and it was an absolutely perfect, snug fit. At the very instant we finished loading the window in the back of my truck I felt the peace hit me again at the very instant I took my hands off of the window. I looked at my watch and the time was 11:33.

We then left and drove to the House of Study’s of The Missionaries of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary which is right next door to St. Mary’s and unloaded the window. After we unloaded the window we left. I glanced at my watch as we walked out the door and it said XX:XX:33. (1:03:33).

Aline C and I then rode to the Primitive Franciscans house in Emmitsburg to pick up Fr. John Sweeny who was going to say mass at St. Mary’s today for the monthly Mission of Mercy mass. When we arrived I had to wait for a car to pass before I could turn into the Franciscans driveway. The license plate on the car was 13.

We picked up Fr. John and drove back to St. Mary’s. I dropped Fr. John and Aileen off and then I drove home to pick up C.R.C. because he was scheduled to serve at the Mission of Mercy mass. When C.R.C. and I arrived back at St. Mary’s I glanced at my watch and the time was 2:13:13.

I did not stay for the Mission of Mercy mass today because I needed to go home and get ready to catch a flight to San Jose, California this evening at 6:15 for a 2 day work related training session. While I was getting ready I was very suddenly stopped by a strong sense of peace that just seemed to hit me from out of nowhere. When it happened I stopped what I was doing and looked at my watch and the time was 3:33. When I finished getting ready I left to go to Dulles Airport and stopped by St. Joseph’s on the way. I arrived there and the time was 4:13.

I just said a few prayers while sitting in the car and left. When I got to Leesburg I encountered a huge traffic backup. Traffic was not moving at all. The cause of this traffic jam was a Celtic festival that was being held. The police had nearly shut the road down to accommodate this festival. Despite my efforts after getting through the traffic jam I missed my flight to San Jose. The airline changed my ticket for the next flight to San Jose which left the next morning at 6:00 AM and was scheduled to arrive at 10:13.

I drove home and spent the evening with S.C.C. and C.R.C. and then went to bed so I could get up at 3 AM to make it to the airport on time.

Monday June 13

After getting up and getting ready to try again I left the house and stopped at St. Joseph’s on the way. When I arrived the odometer was 3.3. I walked up to the front of the church and again suddenly the feeling of peace hit me. I glanced at my watch and the time was 3:33:13.

I then drove back to Dulles Airport and caught my flight to California. I had to change planes in Denver. I arrived in San Jose and took a cab to the hotel which was also the same place the class was being held. I was a couple of hours late but only missed the introduction. When I sat down in class the computer monitor in front of me had the time of 12:13.

I spent the rest of the day in class and I was able to learn several things that I need to know for my new job. The instructor dismissed the class and I walked upstairs to my room. I felt a little sad because today was the first day in several years that I missed daily mass. It had not been an easy day for me and the worst part was the fact that I had not been able to attend mass.

I was sitting in my room thinking about this and just happened to pick up the hotel directory. As I flipped through the pages I came upon a listing of local churches. I called the number for the Catholic church that was listed and asked for the schedule for daily mass for tomorrow. The lady told me that daily mass was everyday at 8 AM and 5:15 PM. I glanced at my watch and the time was 4:50.

I walked downstairs and asked the desk clerk to call a cab to take me to the church. He told me that a cab was not necessary because they have a shuttle service that will take you anywhere within 10 miles of the hotel and pick you up and bring you back. I told him that I would like to go to Our Lady of Peace Parish and Shrine. Without any delay whatsoever a driver took me there and dropped me off. I walked in the church and the Blessed Sacrament was exposed on the altar I looked at my watch and the time was 5:13.

Mass began 2 minutes later and the peace that it caused within me was indescribable Again I was caught by complete surprise because I never even considered the possibility of attending mass today. This event boosted by confidence and gave me the strength to overcome the difficulties that I described in the first paragraphs of this paper. I attended mass there both days of my visit and when I completed my class I flew back to Dulles. After landing I drove back home. I stopped at St. Joseph’s on the way and when I arrived there the time was 6:13.

R_____ C___

July 2, 2005

12:13 Pm