Vatican Letter and Fr. John Wang’s Explanation

Saturday February 18, 2006

Somehow after reading the message from Our Lady of Emmitsburg that was given on February 5th and 11th I knew in my heart that more difficult times were ahead. It is hard to describe what I was feeling and I can tell you that I did not like the feeling.

On the morning of February 18th which was the 2nd anniversary of my friend Bob G’s death, I checked my email. It was at that time I received the attachment that contained a letter dated 15 February 2003 from the Vatican to Cardinal Keeler that appeared to be in direct conflict with what Our Lady said in the February 5th message. In that message Our Lady said:

I assure you, my children, that you are not disobedient, not to the Church at all. For I assure you, children, that there never was any written communique from the Holy See. There has never been yet, up to this point. “

The email with the letter from the Vatican seemed to be a complete contradiction to what the message said. My heart sank when I read this but I was comforted and strengthened by the fact I received that email at 8:13.

My mind went straight back to the previous month and I though about how very strong and frequent the unusual things that happen to me were leading up to this. I thought about S.C.C.’s rosary turning gold. I realized again that Our Lady gives extra graces and strength when times are most difficult. If She did not it would be impossible for me to endure this. In my heart I knew there was an explanation, I just did not know what it was. I have never pretended to understand any of this.

Because of this it was a very quiet month for me when it comes to things to write about, perhaps because I just simply was not in the mood and I distanced myself to a certain degree. I continued to pray each day but my prayers seemed empty to me.

There were the normal occurrences of the 13, 33 and 333’s but nothing out of the ordinary that seemed important enough to write a paper about until yesterday when Fr. John Wang spoke out and released a statement addressing the problem between the Feb 5, 2006 message and the February 15, 2003 letter from the Vatican.

Fr. John Wang’s Response

Monday February 27, 2006

At this point it would certainly seem that only a fool would continue to support Our Lady of Emmitsburg after what just happened. I suspect it would be very easy for people who have believed in the apparitions to dropout at this point. That is not an option for me.

All I have to do is be honest with myself and think about the reality of what I have experienced and the truth that went into the papers I have written.

This gives me great comfort and confidence. Otherwise there would be no point in any of this. I would have better things to do. For years I have promised God in The Blessed Sacrament that with His Grace I would see this thing through. His Grace continues and so does my promise to Him.

Like I said earlier in this paper, since we received the 15 February 2003 letter the events that cause me to write a paper have been very slow. That all changed today with the release of Fr. John Wang’s comments. This is how the day went leading up to me getting Fr. Wang’s possible explanations and comments about the recent events in Emmitsburg.

I needed to drive C.R.C. to the school bus this morning. As C.R.C. and I were backing out of the drive way I was suddenly struck with a sudden thought of Our Lady that caused a strong feeling of peace. I glanced at my watch and the time was 6:13:13.

We drove to Mother Seton School in Emmitsburg which is where the bus to Delone Catholic High School leaves from. After dropping C.R.C. off at the bus I stopped at St. Joseph’s to say a few prayers before leaving for work. When I arrived at St. Joseph’s the odometer was 13.3.

I then drove to Frederick, Maryland for a 7:00 am physical therapy appointment for a shoulder condition I have been suffering from for the past several months. When I completed the therapy I felt the peace of knowing Our Lady has had a very active part in the recovery of my shoulder and avoiding surgery. I glanced at my watch as I walked out the door and it said XX:XX:13.

I drove to Manassas and stopped at All Saint’s before going across the street to work. When I arrived at All Saint’s the time was 9:33. I said a quick prayer and went to work. I again felt the peace at the instant I drove my car through the security gate at work. At that instant I looked up and the CD flashed 333.

I was busy the entire morning. Later in the day I left to go to lunch as the workload allowed. I got in my car to drive across the street to All Saint’s to pray the rosary. I looked at my watch as I left and the time was 1:13:33.

I arrived at All Saint’s and prayed the Joyful mysteries of the rosary. I prayed specifically for the events currently taking place in Emmitsburg. Just before I completed the rosary Fr. Steven Holmes came walking in the chapel and unlocked the tabernacle to get Host for the sick. I knelt down as he opened the tabernacle and instantly felt the peace. I glanced at my watch and the time was 1:33. I completed the rosary and again felt the peace at the instant I finished and kissed the crucifix. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13.

I returned to work and on two separate occasions I was suddenly strengthened by sudden, crashing thoughts that despite the current difficulties I would have the Grace necessary to continue. On both occasions I glanced at my watch and each time it said XX:XX:33.

Later in the day after I completed all of the work I needed to do I left for the day. I drove straight back to Emmitsburg to attend the Miraculous Medal Novena and daily mass at St. Joseph’s. I arrived at St. Joseph’s and at the very instant the car came to a complete stop the CD flashed 333. I glanced at my watch as I walked in the church and the time was 7:13:59.

I then got in line to go to confession to Fr. Goff. After confession I joined the Miraculous Medal Novena that was already in progress. Fr. Steve was the priest. Mass followed the novena and just as I knelt for the Consecration I again felt the peace. I glanced down at my watch and it said XX:XX:33. Mass ended and I got in my car to leave. When I started the car the time on the dash was 8:13.

I pulled out of the parking lot and directly in front of me was a car with the license plate of 33. As I turned onto the road in front of the church another car pulled out directly in front of me and this one had the license plate of 13. I drove home and when I pulled in my driveway the odometer was 3.3. I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13.

I went in the house and had dinner and spent some time with S.C.C.. I then went to my computer to check my email. There was a statement from Fr. John Wang discussing the problems associated with the message from Our Lady and possible explanations. I knew this was why the number of occurrences of what happens to me was very high today. I then went up stairs to go to bed. When I walked in the room the digital clock next to the bed said 10:33.

R_____ C___

March 4, 2006

8:33 Pm