Feast Of The Assumption, Renewal of LMC Vows & Trip To "Hometown"

August 14-16, 2006

I believe moving up here to the Emmitsburg area was the best possible thing our family could have ever done. We have lived here over two years now and since moving the events that I have been describing in these papers that started at the Thursday Night Prayer Group back in 1998 at St. Joseph’s have only increased. Doubt in the authenticity of Our Lady of Emmitsburg is not a possibility for our family.

It is not possible to experience what we have experienced and not respond to it. There is no turning back and I have known that since the very beginning. It has not been easy but nobody said it would be.

The First Sunday Prayer Group where Our Lady appears publicly at the Lynfield Event Complex is growing by leaps and bounds very rapidly. It won’t be but so much longer that the building will not be able to hold all of the people who are coming. There is change in the air and even priest who were obstinately opposed seem to be softening up. The supporting priest have never wavered.

The only way something such as the apparitions of Our Lady of Emmitsburg could possibly survive the attacks hurled against it and still be standing and growing is Grace from God. There is no other way. Period.

The Grace our family has been blessed to experience is not normal Grace. It is the kind of Grace that comes from God with an authentic presence of His Mother, The Blessed Virgin Mary who is watching over and protecting every inch of the way. Without that Grace you would be crushed under the weight of hate.

After much prayer and especially after Our Lady appeared to Gianna Sullivan in our house and proved Her presence with a miracle as described in the May 13, 2006 paper our home and our hearts are here in Emmitsburg. We have therefore made the firm decision to sell our house in "hometown". We do miss family and friends in "hometown" and in a very special way our parish, "Parish Church".

Monday August 14

Today is the eve of The Assumption of Mary. I woke up this morning before the alarm clock went off. As I got out of bed to switch off the alarm before it went off I noticed the time was 6:13.

I left the house and stopped by St. Joseph’s on my way to work. I said a few prayers and started driving to Manassas. While driving I thought about going back to Medjugorje. I pushed the CD button and a Medjugorje CD was already in the player. As it started to play the display flashed 3:33.

I arrived in Manassas and did not go to mass at 8:30 because I was going to go to the 12 noon mass they have during the summer months. I ended up getting busy at work and missed mass. At the instant I realized I missed mass I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13.

I thought about going tonight at the Miraculous Medal Novena at St. Joseph’s but that mass would be for the vigil of The Assumption. I was not sure if I was going to go or not since I would be attending mass for the Assumption tomorrow and renewing my LMC vows at St. Mary’s.

When the work load allowed I took my lunch break and rode over to All Saint’s to pray the rosary. I prayed the Glorious Mysteries and at the very instant I started the 4th decade which was the Assumption I felt the feeling of peace run through me. It actually caused my body to quiver. I looked at my watch as this happened and the time was 1:13:00.

When I completed the rosary I continued with my Liturgy of The Hours prayers. When I finished those I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33. I left to go back to work and just as I pulled out of the All Saint’s parking lot I met a car with the license plate of 333.

I returned to work and it was still busy. Later in the day while I was walking down the hall I was struck with a feeling of peace. I wish I knew how to better describe this but I don’t other than to say it just happens. I glanced at my watch as it happened and the time was 3:33:33.

Later in the day my co-worker and I finished all of the work and we both left at the same time. I started my car to leave and go back to Emmitsburg and the time on the dash was 5:33.

While driving home I had a sudden thought that I would like to attend mass for the Feast of The Assumption at St. Joseph’s tonight. I glanced at my watch as that thought hit and it said XX:XX:13. I drove to St. Joseph’s and arrived at 7:33.

S.C.C. was there when I arrived. Fr. Steve was the priest and Fr. O’Malley is still out recovering from a near fatal illness. I felt the need to pray for him and I did. It came time to go to Holy Communion and I received the Eucharist at 8:13. Mass ended and as I pulled out the counter on the CD flashed 3:33.

I drove home and later in the evening I wrote out another copy of the LMC vows I need tomorrow when I renew at St. Mary’s. As I wrote them out and looked at my watch and the time was 10:33.

Tuesday August 15

When I got up this morning there was a feeling of peace that always seems to come with a feast of Our Lady. I got dressed to go to mass at St. Mary’s and renew my LMC vows like we do each August 15th. I glanced at my watch as I put it on and the time was 7:13:13.

S.C.C. and I drove to St. Mary’s and I glanced at my watch as we walked in the door and it said XX:XX:13. During mass Fr. Messaro called all of the LMC members to the altar and everyone signed both copies of their vows. S.C.C. just completed her two year formation and took the vows for the first time.

Mass ended and there was breakfast in the parish hall. I could not stay because I needed to go to work. On my way I rode by St. Joseph’s and when I arrived the first car I saw parked there had the license plate of 13.

I arrived at work in Manassas and was busy most of the day. I did not take a lunch break because I arrived late to work this morning. Later in the afternoon I did take a short break as the workload allowed to pray the rosary at All Saint’s. I prayed the Glorious Mysteries and felt the peace hit me at the instant I finished. I glanced at my watch and the time was 3:13:59. I drove back to work and just as I shut the car off the CD flashed 13.

Not to long after I returned to my work I thought about it being the Feast of The Assumption of Mary. I thought about how so many people could care less. I also thought about how fortunate I am having been present for so many apparitions of Our Lady in both Emmitsburg and Medjugorje. I glanced at my watch and the time was 3:33:13.

When I got off work for the day I needed to go to "hometown" and mow grass now that nobody is living in our house while it is on the market. As I left work I thought I would stop by All Saint’s to pray another rosary for the Assumption before going to "hometown".

I arrived and noticed mass was in progress. I arrived just in time to kneel for the consecration. I did not pray the rosary and I did not receive Holy Communion because I already received twice for today’s feast. Mass ended and I walked out the door and the time was 6:13 and the car directly in front of me had the license plate of 133.

While driving to "hometown" I had a strong and sudden thought of going to Medjugorje in December. It made me think of today being the 5th anniversary of the first time we ever went to Medjugorje. At that instant an oncoming car approached and it had the license plate of 33.

I arrived at our house in "hometown" and just as the car came to a complete stop the CD flashed 133. I ended up being locked out of the house and Sherri Azais had to come and let me in. I mowed the grass and did other things around the house. I rode in town to get a soda at 7-11 and when I got as far as "Parish Church" the time on the dash was 9:33.

I returned to the house and did a few more things. I was tired and as I completed the last job around the house that I was going to do I glanced at my watch and the time was 11:13.

Wednesday August 16

It was not a very comfortable night sleeping on the floor with a makeshift pillow but I managed. I woke up very early in the morning and ran the weed eater around the house as the sun was coming up.

I then left to go to work in Manassas and on my way I stopped at "Parish Church" to drop off the latest pack of papers. As I arrived the truck parked at the entrance had the license plate of 13. The church was locked so I dropped the papers through the crack in the door. As I left I had to pass by the same truck with the license plate of 13.

I drove to All Saint’s in Manassas for daily mass. When I arrived I realized that it was because I stopped at "Parish Church" to drop off the papers my arrival at All Saint’s was at 8:33 and the odometer was 3.3.

I went to work and later in the day Frank K called me to go pray the rosary at All Saint’s during lunch. I got in the car and when I started it the time on the dash was 12:33.

Frank got delayed and I sat in the car and waited for him. When he finally arrived we left. We arrived and I prayed the Glorious and Joyful mysteries. When I finished I glanced at my watch at the instant I kissed the crucifix and the time was 1:13:00. I waited for Frank to finish his prayers and at the instant he did I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13.

Later in the day while I was sitting at my desk I had a very strong thought about all of the people I have introduced to Emmitsburg over the years. The two people who stuck out in my mind were Frank K and Mary G. As this thought CRASHED through my mind I glanced at my watch and the time was 4:33:33.

When I got off work for the day I drove back to Emmitsburg. I arrived at St. Joseph’s and the time on the dash was 7:33. While I sat there and prayed I SUDDENLY thought for the first time that I should also drop Fr. ____’s pack of papers off at St. Mary’s on my way home. I looked at my watch and the time was still 7:33.

I left and stopped at St. Mary’s to drop off the papers. I arrived and the odometer was 13. I put the papers on Fr. ____’s counter and left. I then drove home and when I pulled in my driveway the odometer was 3.3.

R_____ C___

Sep. 2, 2006

3:33 Pm