Greg P & Sudden Mental Recall of Seeing Our Lady

Tuesday March 13, 2007

I first met Greg P several years ago at St. Joseph’s in Emmitsburg. Greg has come here to visit at our house in the past. Greg is from Soul, South Korea. This past February 5th I received a phone call from Greg asking if he could stay at our house for a week or two while he waited for a phone call from the Dioceses of Patterson, New Jersey regarding his entry into the seminary. S.C.C. and I discussed it and decided he could stay at our house.

Gregory is his Confirmation name that he goes by. His birth name would be to difficult for anyone who does not speak Korean to pronounce. I called Greg back and told him that he could stay. Greg asked if I could pick him up at the Vienna Metro Station when I got off work the next day. I said yes.

I picked Greg up at the Metro station the following evening (February 6) and when I arrived I had to park and go find him. After about 5 minutes or so I found him and we got in my car to ride home. At the instant we pulled out the time on the dash switched to 6:33.

About 2 weeks later Greg did receive his phone call from the vocations director of the Dioceses of Patterson, NJ and Greg was not accepted because of a problem with his visa. Greg has been at our house ever since and I do not know how long Greg will be staying at our house. Greg has been very helpful because C.R.C. is having a difficult time with algebra. Greg tutors C.R.C. daily in algebra and his grade has improved dramatically.

I mention Greg in this paper because it was his actions this evening that are part of the reason this paper is being written.

Again this morning I woke up and the very first thing I saw was the clock next to the bed and the time was 6:33. I got ready for work and both Greg and I left to go to morning mass at the Basilica. We stopped at St. Joseph’s on the way and said a few prayers. We pulled out and the car in front of us had the license plate of 33.

We rode down the street and attended mass at the basilica. Fr. Kennedy was the priest. At the consecration I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:33. Mass ended and I dropped Greg off at Mount Saint Mary’s and I drove to work. While I was driving I suddenly remembered that I had a picture of Our Lady of Medjugorje that I needed to send to my cousin Carol who lives in Norfolk. As I suddenly remembered this I glanced at my watch and the time was 8:33.

I arrived at work and just as the car came to a complete stop the CD flashed 13. Later in the day I took my lunch break as the workload allowed. I rode across the street to All Saint’s to pray the rosary. I glanced at my watch as I walked in the chapel and the time was 12:13. I prayed the Joyful and Sorrowful mysteries and then went back to work. As I arrived the CD flashed 13.

After I got off work for the day I started driving home and something that I consider very special happened. It has happened before but each time it happens it gives me a feeling of peace and reassurance that I can’t describe.

While I was driving home I started thinking about the night of December 8, 2004 when I saw Our Lady of Emmitsburg. My memory of that event is so vivid that in my mind I was able to see Our Lady’s Face with all of the splendor as when it actually happened. The mental image was so clear and came so fast that I knew I should glance at my watch and the time was 6:33:33. I looked up and the CD flashed 13.

I arrived in Emmitsburg and picked up Greg at Mount Saint Mary’s. We drove home and S.C.C. went to her regular Tuesday night adoration hour at the Missionaries House of Studies. At this point Greg asked if I would like to pray the rosary. I said yes and we sat down in the living room and prayed the Glorious mysteries. I glanced at my watch at the instant we finished and kissed the crucifix and the time was 9:13:13.

R_____ C___

April 6, 2007

9:13 Pm