The Miraculous Medal Novena, St. Joseph’s

Monday March 5, 2018

It has been a few years since I have been able to addend the Miraculous Medal novena held at St. Joseph’s each Monday evening at 7:30. Actually I had no plans to attend and even tried to fight the urge to stay because it would mean I would have to wait a couple of additional hours after the completion of what I came to Emmitsburg to do. I then started thinking about how St. Joseph’s is ALWAYS locked and inaccessible and this was a golden opportunity to attend the novena and mass and have some prayer time in the church. This is how the day went.

I have a doctor’s appointment with J.F. today at 3 PM at Waynesboro. This will be my last appointment with him because he is retiring at the end of June. He has been a wonderful friend and doctor. I attended mass this morning at “Home Parish” and after mass I stayed for Morning Prayer. I did the reading and that was at 9:13.

I then had to do a “walkthrough” recording as a notary at the Courthouse. After that I stopped by my mom’s house to check on her and she looked like she’s doing pretty good. I then left from there and drove straight to Emmitsburg for my doctor’s appointment. When I arrived in Emmitsburg the road leading to St. Joseph’s was closed and I had to follow a detour. During the detour I looked over to my left and saw the back of St. Joseph’s and at that instant I just happened to notice the time was 2:13.

I then drove to Waynesboro which is about a 25-30 minute drive for my last appointment with Dr. J.F.. After the appointment I left and started driving back. I thought about stopping at the Grotto of Lourdes but realized it was too late because the Grotto closes at 5 PM. I then decided to stop at The Missionaries of The Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary House of Studies in Fairfield for Eucharistic Adoration. I arrived there and talked to Mary Little for a few minutes. I then prayed the Sorrowful and Luminous Mysteries of the rosary before the Blessed Sacrament and when I finished I glanced at my watch and the time was 5:33.

I left and rode back to Emmitsburg and went to Subway to get something to eat. I then ran into Raymond Sanders and I talked to him for a little while before leaving to go home. After I left I had a 2nd thought about going back to St. Joseph’s and staying for the Miraculous Medal novena. I arrived and the car parked next to me had the license plate of 13. I went in the church and as I walked in the door I glanced at my watch and it said XX:XX:13 (13 seconds) I sat down and started another rosary and it was then I noticed the time was 6:33. I prayed both the Joyful and Glorious Mysteries and when I finished I noticed the time on my watch was 7:13.

The Miraculous Medal novena began at 7:30 followed by mass. Mass ended and I glanced at my watch as I walked out of the church and it said XX:XX:13 (13 seconds). I then drove home and pulled in my drive way at 10:13.


R. C.

March 7, 2018

12:33 PM