2nd Sunday Eucharistic Prayer Group for Peace and Unity

Sunday July 8, 2018


The 2nd Sunday Eucharistic Prayer Group for Peace and Unity is now 5 years old. That does not seem possible. Ever since the closure of the Thursday Night Prayer Group at St. Joseph’s there has always been something that seemed to hold things together. There was a Friday night prayer group held at St. Mary’s in Fairfield for a while, followed by private prayer groups for Our Lady of Emmitsburg. Public prayer groups formed on the Major farm in Taneytown, MD followed by the public prayer group at the Lynfield Event Complex near Frederick, MD. Later the 2nd Sunday Eucharistic Prayer Group was started at St. Mary’s in Fairfield and is still in existence today. I have noticed that despite all the insults to Our Lady God still provides and at the very least has kept an ember glowing in an otherwise extinguished fire.


The very same things that began to happen to me on Thursday nights at the Prayer Group in Emmitsburg continue and are sometime exceptionally strong these days at the 2nd Sunday Eucharistic Prayer Group as I will describe now.


Today is the 2nd Sunday Eucharistic Prayer Group at St. Mary’s in Fairfield. I left "Hometown"  this morning and drove to Emmitsburg stopping at St. Joseph’s. I arrived and parked and because the 10:30 mass was letting out, the church was still unlocked so I walked in. I walked through the front doors and the time was 11:33:33.  


I had a few minutes to pray before Fr. Charlie started getting things ready to lock the church.  I said a few prayers and left and drove to the Grotto of Lourdes.  The parking lot was jammed and I had to invent my own parking spot in the grass. I attended the 12 noon mass and C.R.C. was there working. Mass ended and C.R.C. walked up to me saying his philosophy professor wanted to talk to me about metal detecting his property for Civil War relics. I told his professor that I would be happy to do it. I then glanced at my watch as I left to walk to the statue of Our Lady of Fatima to pray a rosary for C.R.C. and the time was 1:13.  Brother Paschal O’Brien had asked me if he could ride with me to the Eucharistic prayer group with me and told him yes but wanted to pray a rosary for C.R.C. first. I arrived and prayed the Luminous mysteries and glanced at my watch when I finished and the time was 1:33.


As we left Brother Paschal informed me he would like to stop at McDonalds first. This slightly aggravated me because I did not want to be late to the prayer group. As we arrived at St. Joseph’s we were directly behind another car and it had the license plate of 13. We arrived at McDonalds and another car in front of us in the drive thru line also had the license plate of 13.


We got food and drove to St. Mary’s in Fairfield. We arrived and just as I was getting out of the car I noticed a car to my left had the license plate of 13. We walked in and the prayer group had not yet started and therefore we were not late.

Mike Sullivan began the prayer group and spoke for a few minutes before starting the rosary before the Blessed Sacrament. Different people took turns leading each decade of the Sorrowful mysteries and the rosary finished and I glanced at my watch and the time was 3:13:59.

The rosary was followed by several consecrations before I was called up to lead the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. I completed the Chaplet and as I was returning to my pew I genuflected before the Blessed Sacrament and  I noticed the time on my watch was 3:33.


The prayer group ended and Mike, Brother Paschal, Raymond and myself went to Tavernas to eat. When we finished I got in my car to drive Raymond home and the time on the dash was 5:33. I drove home to Culpeper and at the very instant I arrived at my driveway an oncoming car met me with the license plate of 33.





 July 17, 2018


3:33 PM